progress of my turbo 2.5 mx-3

A forum for posting automotive related Images & Video Clips. (Please keep it clean, no profanity or offensive material.)
babyblueMX3
Supporting Member

progress of my turbo 2.5 mx-3

Post by babyblueMX3 »

well boys and girls..some of new the project I started a while back. just wanted to post progress of the car.
The only thing I need to do so I can start the car is weld my bov on the intake piping, modified the downpipe and cross member.
If you want to know what parts are involved in all of this just click in my sig the link to my cardomain page..It's all there

The car should be on the road next week end..can't wait to take it for a spin...after the break in..

RIP 400whp ZE-T MX-3
Current car : Golf 01 GTI 1.8T (15 psi)
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

Looking good man.. wish you didnt live so far away.. would love to go for a spin in your ride. :2thumbsup:

Tunes67
Vanished

Post by Vanished »

after the break in of course hah
1992 Blaze MX-3 GS *R.I.P.*

1993 Blue 93 SE-ZE

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2770987/2
atlantamx3
Supporting Member

Post by atlantamx3 »

I sure do hope you heat wrap some of the stuff on the exhaust side of the Turbo.. its going to get hot 7 start melting stuff close to it... disty, radiator hose, etc.
~Perry
Please visit
http://www.mx3-atlanta.com
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

Thanks babyblue I gotta go clean my keyboard off now!!!!
08 Infiniti G37s 6speed (The Daily)
Stillen Cold Air Intake, Z1 Plenum Power Mod, Z1 Headers, Z1 Test Pipe, OBX (Ark) Exhaust, Up-Rev Osiris Engine Management (Tuned at Z1), 20x9" 20x10" Str Racing Concave Staggered Rims, SPC Camber kit, Tein H Techs Springs

01 Lexus Is300 (LS2 Project)
93 Mx3 SE 2.5 KLZE (sold it)
93 Mx3 GS 2.0 KFZE (killed it)
babyblueMX3
Supporting Member

Post by babyblueMX3 »

atlantamx3 wrote:I sure do hope you heat wrap some of the stuff on the exhaust side of the Turbo.. its going to get hot 7 start melting stuff close to it... disty, radiator hose, etc.
yeah I already got the wrap..everything will be taken care of.
oh and I'm working on a distyless set-up(coil packs) and no vaf . That's the beauty of megasquirt..

First off, I'm using stock injectors and 5psi for the break in, then I'm swapping 550cc injectors, megasquirt, wideband, remove the vaf, add water injection (already got the plug in in my megasquirt) and turn the boost up :driver:
Mnemonic wrote:Thanks babyblue I gotta go clean my keyboard off now!!!!
ROFL
RIP 400whp ZE-T MX-3
DavidOS

Post by DavidOS »

hey baby have you made yourself an aluminum head sheild yet??? thats something ive been hunting down myself, to sit between the rad and distributor and the turbo. And i found some tough heat resistant metal. IF you look at your old k8 motor take the timing belt cover off and behind the pulleys is a black peice of aluminum that is flexible and would most likly resist heat well as it sits against the engine all its life. You can pull that off as its bendable and try to make that work.
1994, GS, KLZE, 67mm TB, LightFlywheel, Centreforce Stg 3 Clutch, CAI, KL36 ecu, B&M shortshifter, Solid poly mounts, lightweight Aluminum Cross memeber, 2.5 high flo cat, 2.5 all back, Tanabe Exhaust, optima battery, ZX2 HD tokicos, eibach prokit, black altezzas.....

http://www.modifiedmazda.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.
I_love_my_MX-3

Post by I_love_my_MX-3 »

cool project
1992 MX-3 handed down to my sis :)
1992 MR-2 Turbo sold and missed :(
1995 Integra GS-R :)

babyblueMX3
Supporting Member

Post by babyblueMX3 »

DavidOS wrote:hey baby have you made yourself an aluminum head sheild yet??? thats something ive been hunting down myself, to sit between the rad and distributor and the turbo. And i found some tough heat resistant metal. IF you look at your old k8 motor take the timing belt cover off and behind the pulleys is a black peice of aluminum that is flexible and would most likly resist heat well as it sits against the engine all its life. You can pull that off as its bendable and try to make that work.
I actually got some spare ones here..I'll take a look at it
RIP 400whp ZE-T MX-3
babyblueMX3
Supporting Member

Post by babyblueMX3 »

here's a couple of shots again:

RIP 400whp ZE-T MX-3
papa roached

Post by papa roached »

i hate you man, i so hate you
93 MX-3 GS (collecting parts for Eunos Presso conversion), 94 626 Transmission (4.10 gears), KL31 camed KL-ZE, Millenia intake, Millenia TB, SSAutochrome V2 headers, Magnaflow cat, 2 1/4 in pipe, Top Speed Pro 1 muffler, 9lb Fidanza Flywheel, ACT clutch, Corksport SS clutch line, Corksport SS brake lines, Unorthadox UDP, 255 lph fuel pump, HEI mod, ghetto-charger intake, KL36 ECU, SRD transverse crossmember bushings, SRD shifter extention bushing, SRD crossmember, Corksport bronzoil shifter bushings, Brembo Crossdrilled and Slotted rotors, 15 inch Konig Heliums, ZX-2 S/R struts, Eibach lowering springs, OEM front strut bar, Ebay rear strut bar, BFGoodrich G-Force T/A KDWs

Parts needing installed: turbo kit from BB (if i ever get it), 9.0:1 CR Diamond pistons, 4340 forged H beam rods, C/J-Spec spoiler, Nissan red tops in KL rails
http://www.cardomain.com/id/blazejeremy
nope-mx3

Post by nope-mx3 »

I love this setup :)

What I love even more, is the Megasquirt. I gotta get me one of those :)

Do I need anything else than the Megasquirt 2.2 to get rid of the VAF on my K8? if not, then those $146 is so worth it :)

nope-mx3
:: 2001 Mazda Mx-5 Sport // 2013 Volvo V40 D2 Momentum ::
babyblueMX3
Supporting Member

Post by babyblueMX3 »

make sure you have to spark option with it..I don't think you can remove the vaf with only the fuel option.

anyways mine is still there because I'm using the stock ecu for the break in period then switching to MS that is wainting on my desk :D
RIP 400whp ZE-T MX-3
DavidOS

Post by DavidOS »

so hows this all going?
1994, GS, KLZE, 67mm TB, LightFlywheel, Centreforce Stg 3 Clutch, CAI, KL36 ecu, B&M shortshifter, Solid poly mounts, lightweight Aluminum Cross memeber, 2.5 high flo cat, 2.5 all back, Tanabe Exhaust, optima battery, ZX2 HD tokicos, eibach prokit, black altezzas.....

http://www.modifiedmazda.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.
babyblueMX3
Supporting Member

Post by babyblueMX3 »

I tried to start it last night, it cranks but it doesn't start..turns out I don't have spark, I made another thread about that. I can't find the problem yet..I got everthing else though..just no spark
RIP 400whp ZE-T MX-3

Return to “Images/Videos Forum”