probe manifold

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
aggressivemx

probe manifold

Post by aggressivemx »

if i put a grobe gt manifold on my k8, will it give me any extra power? ive got two manifolds but if i can get some extra power that would be nice. are there any downsides to doing this?
Counting Bodies Like Sheep to the Rhythm of the War Drum
vozaday2000

Post by vozaday2000 »

what kind of manifold is it? intake, exhaust, etc?
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/730367 - UPDATED!!!!!!!

'94 MX-3 GS KLZE, KL01 Cams, Fidanza Flywheel, Centerforce Dual Friction Clutch, WeaponR Ram Air, 2 1/4 exhaust, Nichi Neptune Rims, Toyo Proxy 45 Rubber.

aggressivemx

Post by aggressivemx »

sorry, the intake, i guese i have the exaust manis to but i dont think those would help would they
vozaday2000

Post by vozaday2000 »

the gt manifold would have slightly larger rails but i do not think it would increase the hp by a significant amount. also then you have to deal with the long straight neck. personally i wouldnt' bother with it but that is my opinion

'94 MX-3 GS KLZE, KL01 Cams, Fidanza Flywheel, Centerforce Dual Friction Clutch, WeaponR Ram Air, 2 1/4 exhaust, Nichi Neptune Rims, Toyo Proxy 45 Rubber.

aggressivemx

Post by aggressivemx »

i also have a ms8 manifold, would that do anything, what about a probe gt ecu?
mxmaz

Post by mxmaz »

vozaday2000 wrote:the gt manifold would have slightly larger rails but i do not think it would increase the hp by a significant amount. also then you have to deal with the long straight neck. personally i wouldnt' bother with it but that is my opinion
Actually they only have short necks, no fitment issues. I dont think it would be worth the hassle. Any gains from it flowing better would probably be offset due to the vris points being off.
vozaday2000

Post by vozaday2000 »

the ms8 manifold is longer than the probes manifold and would require you to move that brake resevoir. i dont' know if the runners are any bigger with the ms8 mani than the probe but i could be mistaken. but if you have the k8 and the k8 ecu then i wouldn't bother putting the probe ecu in. but i do not know what would happen if you put on the probe mani with the ecu and vaf. i dont' know if it has been done or not. some one else may have more knowledge on this

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”