Possible GB: Seat Re-uphostery kits

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
perry

Post by perry »

Hi to all interested in custom covers for 92-93's.
The GB that Taras, Jeff and myself are offering is a complete set of covers for the front and back seats. The covers will be made to fit so that anyone without prior knowledge of upholstery can install. The covers themselves will be excellent quality materials and fit snug to the frames. The inserts [centre of each cover] will be padded with firm 1/2"foam. The remaining panels except for the backs will have 1/4" foam for strength and fill in any imperfections in the foam bases. The type of materials I'm offering is vinyl, tweed and feux suede. If anyone is interested in leather, please be advised that what I use is not cheap leather nor the most exspensive. If you choose leather be prepared to spend a bit more than the $1050.00 quoted in the GB. I can create anything you like WITHIN REASON!!! I need to know how much leather you would like so I can give you an exact amount. You're paying for quality if leather is the material of choice. Questions will be answered on this Forum.
Perry
verzutiko
Supporting Member

Post by verzutiko »

Is there a possibility to get a picture of the back seats and of the back of the front seats?

I want to be in this GB, but I don`t have all the cash this or the next month, I`m good for the pre-150$ though.
'92 GS
My worklog
Taras

Post by Taras »

Do you want to see mine?
Taras
'92 GS Gray ZE
'05 Gixxer 750
MxWest VP
www.mx-west.com
verzutiko
Supporting Member

Post by verzutiko »

Yes! I suppose it is your car that is pictured in the GB, but I miss the two pictures of the back of the front seats and the backseats and the panels around the backseats.
'92 GS
My worklog
Taras

Post by Taras »

Lars, here is the picture of by rear seats done. Perry did just the inserts, the rest of the black vinyl was re-used from stock sears. Same goes for the backs of the front seats. They were re-used from the stock seats. Obviously, for the GB, Perry will have to re-create the seat covets entitrely as he will not have the original seats to work from.

Taras
'92 GS Gray ZE
'05 Gixxer 750
MxWest VP
www.mx-west.com
MarkMoore

Post by MarkMoore »

:shock: :shock: :shock: wow... nice
1992 GS/RS Mutant Automatic
verzutiko
Supporting Member

Post by verzutiko »

Looks very good. I'm in in this GB, though I will not have the assets to complete the GB until about 2 months time. If this is a problem, then I guess I'm out before I'm in... :(
'92 GS
My worklog
Taras

Post by Taras »

Lars, I am sure by the time we got all the people organized, we have enough time for you to get the money. Please let me know what are your choices of colours, materials, stitching, logos and I will add you on.
Taras
'92 GS Gray ZE
'05 Gixxer 750
MxWest VP
www.mx-west.com
Taras

Post by Taras »

I think we have two people so far:

1. Verzutiko
2. Ovendenk

Three more to go.
Taras
'92 GS Gray ZE
'05 Gixxer 750
MxWest VP
www.mx-west.com
ovendenk
Supporting Member

Post by ovendenk »

comon guys. $1050 for an entirely new interior including door and rear panel material. for you yanks, that's like $800. if you check on various leather reupholstery website's, you'll see that this is a great price for the quality. anyways, i'd just hate for this to fall through. i'm sure there are at least three other people that hate the oem materials as much as i do. :)
kevin (aka The Oven)
93 mx-3 GS KL-ZE with KL31 cams and properly chipped ecu
All mods are on my website: http://ca.geocities.com/ovendenk
MX-3.com Worklog: http://www.mx-3.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=48462
DJsMX-3

Post by DJsMX-3 »

Im most likely in allso, just missing the time at the moment to read it all through...

What would shipping be like to Denmark?

And i just want to see pictures of the diffrent materials offered to choose from in this GB at first because translation sometimes is faulty :lol:

But for the colours maybe perry could post some links so its possible to se what's to choose from allso...

Will read it all through later and ask my questions if they havent allready been answered in some of the earlier pages.
1992 MX-3 V6 Z1 Arbet VIII 17 x 8" -35mm Proracing Springs on KYB Sports, Corksport Strutbars, Brembo Cross Drilled & Slotted, Goodridge SS Brakelines, Corksport SS Clutchline, Mazdaspeed Enginemounts & Front arm bushings, All SRD bushings in shifterlinkage and cross member, Pacesetter Shortshifter, KN Conefilter, Custom SS Exhaust, Stereo Oldschool Goodies Denon & Phoenix Gold, Boston Pro & Cerwin Vega and lots of other small goodies
DJsMX-3

Post by DJsMX-3 »

Okay so a few questions never got answered, Gro asked about the pocket on the back of the passengers front seat was included?

And i asked if it was possible to get pockets on the back of both front seats since theyre made from scratch anyways??
Think it would be nice, and the extra material couldent cost that much more..

I think a lot of the picturelinks are dead? i can only see the picture of the rearseat.
1992 MX-3 V6 Z1 Arbet VIII 17 x 8" -35mm Proracing Springs on KYB Sports, Corksport Strutbars, Brembo Cross Drilled & Slotted, Goodridge SS Brakelines, Corksport SS Clutchline, Mazdaspeed Enginemounts & Front arm bushings, All SRD bushings in shifterlinkage and cross member, Pacesetter Shortshifter, KN Conefilter, Custom SS Exhaust, Stereo Oldschool Goodies Denon & Phoenix Gold, Boston Pro & Cerwin Vega and lots of other small goodies
ovendenk
Supporting Member

Post by ovendenk »

perry told me both pockets would be included.
kevin (aka The Oven)
93 mx-3 GS KL-ZE with KL31 cams and properly chipped ecu
All mods are on my website: http://ca.geocities.com/ovendenk
MX-3.com Worklog: http://www.mx-3.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=48462
rsroadkilla

Post by rsroadkilla »

can u post to the united kingdom??
Taras

Post by Taras »

Hey Guys,
Thank you to all interested. Surprised that three of you are in Europe. Thought that Canadians would take advantage of all this.

Perry has been moving his shop to a bigger location and also moving houses. So, he has not been here for a bit and of course you have to read my answers instead.

I talked to Perry yesterday and we will provide you with pictures and material types in visual as well. I just have to go to Perry's shop or he has to email them to me. So, just hang tight.

As far as shipping to Europe is concerned. Yes, we can ship anywhere. UK, Denmark, Norway, Hong Kong, etc. It's buyer's choice how we ship and how fast. I would suggest something reliable and with insurance. We don't want more than C$1000 worth of goods be lost on the mail and it it does, we want you to be properly compensated. CanadaPost will do a good job, but you could also choose couriers like UPS/FedEx as well. With this said, you may have to deal with taxes and duties on your end.

As far as cost of shipping to Europe. I am not quite certain. Could be about E$40 or so. Shipping for leather seats will be more as they weigh more and I don't think we would want to fold them as tight as let's say tweed. May be we get you weight and size estimation. Also could depend on how fast and what carrier you choose. I encourage you to go and check online for various options that would appeal to you.

DJ, All new links that are posted are not dead. Look at the thread that is posted in the main GB forum.

Dual pockets on the backs of the front seats. I don't know. Good question. Will find out and reply.
Taras
'92 GS Gray ZE
'05 Gixxer 750
MxWest VP
www.mx-west.com

Return to “Appearance”