coolant leak..help!

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
black_mx3

coolant leak..help!

Post by black_mx3 »

i have a steady leak from my car when its running..and when i turn the fan on in the car...the smell of coolant will gas you out!! and another thing....the coolant is brown!! but my mechanic said that that was ok..???(kinda odd) i was told that it could be the water pump leaking and that the heater core may be gone too!!!!

i need some help..!
buying modded cars is like dating a pregnant woman...somone else already had the fun!
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

coolant is brown? :shock: did you check oil does it look milky, possibly head gasket went
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
black_mx3

Post by black_mx3 »

nope..the head gasket was replaced..even if so, it would be burning blue smoke like a motherbitch..but its not..i its the same coolant from when it went last..if i get it drained and new coolant put in, it probably wont be brown..but there is a post on here about a coolant leak that kind of explains my problem..its leaking under the power steering resivior..so it may be the hose, clamps, and or the gasket that connects to the block..
buying modded cars is like dating a pregnant woman...somone else already had the fun!
jimishadow

Post by jimishadow »

chec water pump
black_mx3

Post by black_mx3 »

i think iam gonna get that checked..and when i turn my car off, it will make a bubbling noise or sucking noise..and the coolant from the resivior has gone down..so iam guessing that its sucking it from that..
black_mx3

Post by black_mx3 »

iam thinking that it may be this problem..(hopefully) cause i can smell the coolant and if its leaking there, then the heat from the block is probably making it smell and come into the car through the fan...

http://www.mx-3.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=40932
mitmaks

Post by mitmaks »

your problem is water pump needs replacement then
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
black_mx3

Post by black_mx3 »

Well i'll get it looked at this week and post what comes up..but thats probably what it is, just because the leak is from the same area..i'll have a better idia when its day light, thanks for all the help!!
mitmaks

Post by mitmaks »

wouldnt drive my car like that :roll: when mine started leaking I just parked it till it got repaired
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

wouldnt drive my car like that :roll: when mine started leaking I just parked it till it got repaired
Ditto.. the aluminum head wouldnt stand up to much overheating.. it could easily crack or warp and that would cost a ton more $$$ to repair.

Tunes67

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”