this is the problem..video

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
mclaw-mclaren

Post by mclaw-mclaren »

k. i am back again. well the MSD fuel pressure regulator didn't help much at all..but this is just a guess, could it be my BOV i have a turbo xs rfl cause when the problem happens it is only when it is building boost then it happens and by boost gauge goes crazy. but i know i should of put on a recirculating bov? does anyone know if this could be the problem? and if so what is the cheapest recirculating bov?

like when i drive normal it doesn't happen i can build a little boost but driving like a grandma, but when acutally give it some gas it goes all crazy. dunno if anyone has some more suggestions.

thanks travis

oh ya james if u are coming to kelowna this weekend give me a shout
~~McLaw~~
MX-3 -- BPT
mclaw-mclaren

Post by mclaw-mclaren »

it sort of sounds like it is leaking air? if this helps?
~~McLaw~~
MX-3 -- BPT
ryanlindenberg

Post by ryanlindenberg »

if you want to properly set your tps, bust out the shop manual...there is a prong that tells the ecu when the throttle is shut. the manual tells you which prongs you need to hook the multimeter to. with the throttle closed rotate the tps slowly until the the circuit is closed, then tighten it down. when i did mine i had to turn it slightly past the point where it showed a closed circuit because it would sometimes think that the throttle was slightly open at idle, that solved my tps issue on my 94 rs.
CARDOMAIN WITH UPDATED PICS
"There are 2 kinds of pedestrians, the quick and the dead."

Return to “Forced Induction”