Not going to Powerama, don't care anymore.

Off-Topic Discussions
Chronicle-Rod

Not going to Powerama, don't care anymore.

Post by Chronicle-Rod »

At 4:00 p.m. today, I got a phone call to let me know that my girlfriend had been in a rollover in her delivery van - works for a florist.

I zipped down to the hospital in the town she was near, and passed the scene of the accident on the way. The roof of the van is collapsed way in on the driver's side, so I didn't really know what to expect at the hospital. It didn't look like anyone was walking away from it.

Got to the hospital and, about seven hours later, she's ok. There's a really bad cut on the top of her head, presumably from the roof where it pinched in and down. It's long and deep in kind of a T-shape - it flapped back and you could see the cut goes in and curves under the flesh. That has the doctors a bit worried, and there's another couple on the side of her head. Her arm was cut up badly, but that's about it.

I was supposed to pick up the car tomorrow - today by now I guess - and get it ready for the show, but it's funny how fast that didn't seem too much of a priority. She's what's important, so I'll be spending the next week with her in the hospital, letting her know I love her.

Make sure you guys, and girls, do the same for the people around you. I took a look at the van again when I left the hospital and I just can't believe that she's still here. If that roof caved in another couple inches... It really is always just that far away for any of us to have some kind of freak accident.

People keep telling us we can't live every day like it's our last, but we can't always count on having that 'one more day' to say the things we need to, or we'll regret not having said.

Good luck, drive safe.
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

Give her the regards of MX-3.com. Its sad when things work out the way they do, but sometimes its for the best. You probably need to spend some time with your woman as opposed to the car anyways :)

Tell her we hope she feels better.
Flashpoint2

Post by Flashpoint2 »

I'm sorry to hear of this! I've been in a few close calls myself, and I agree, there are no guarantees about how long we have. Glad to hear your gf is still with us!
1996 MX-3 RS - Sold.
2004 RX-8 GS - Yay!
93SOHC

Post by 93SOHC »

very sorry to hear it man. Like Barry said, i'm sure everyone here is wishing you both the best and we all hope for a speedy recovery. Let us know how it turns out when you have the time, bro
93SE-KLDE Theres a big peice of metal inside my other peice of metal now...weird???
Chronicle-Rod

Post by Chronicle-Rod »

She's been released from the hospital and is at her parent's place.

She wasn't supposed to be out of the hospital yet, but that place is an utter joke. It's a small town hospital, and it's really more of a senior's home than a hospital. There are only three nurses on duty at any time, and the doctor isn't a resident - he drives in once or twice a day from a kind-of-nearby center.

They FORGOT about her three times. The day after she was admitted - as their ONLY injury patient - they forgot to give her breakfast or lunch, and only checked in every hour to hour and a half instead of in 10-15 minute intervals as the doctor ordered. Two days later, they forgot her while doing breakfast AGAIN. She hit the buzzer and it took 25 minutes to get a response. The reason - the nurses were running a BINGO GAME for the seniors...

I don't have the power to get her transferred to another hospital, or she'd be in somewhere - anywhere - better than that.

The night shift nurses were good, or at least one of them was. She was careful with the dressings and made sure to check in constantly. The day shift was brutal.

On the bright side, she's feeling better. The head wounds are still kind of troubling, but the arm is healing as well as expected. She still has to go to the hospital every day to get the dressings changed - but at least now she can go when the GOOD nurses are working. Oh, and she gets fed at home too...
exdream_mx3

Post by exdream_mx3 »

Glad to hear she is atleast home now. I'd be checking into some legal actions with that hospital though. Thats bullcrap!! Keep us updated.
93SOHC

Post by 93SOHC »

Glad to hear she's doing a bit better and got outta that craphole hospital. That sounds as bad as when my friends dad was in the VA hospital in chicago, those are terrible!
93SE-KLDE Theres a big peice of metal inside my other peice of metal now...weird???

Return to “Off-Topic”