tranny

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
lucky13

tranny

Post by lucky13 »

I had a tranny MTX sitting out side for a long time. I see no rust or anything like that. So dirt or water could hit it all day if was raining. Is there anything I could check to see if it's bad.
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

You could pull out the speedo gear and check the fluid and see if its still clean. Thats where I would start.. beyond that is gonna be some knuckle bustin..

Tunes67
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

Don't try to open the tranny or take the cover off, just check the fluid for water (it will float oin top) you can do this by drainig it from the drain plug. It will need to be replaced anyway if it was outside. And replace the axle seals. If it sat outside without axles you need to have it flushed by a tranny shop first. You'll have dirt and God knows what else in it and it will detroy the tranny pretty quick if run without being clean.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
lucky13

Post by lucky13 »

most likely it's still good. it work fine when i took it out. i was going to sell it for $150 to a friend but did not know if it worked.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”