Fixing Surface rust

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
93_4Banger

Fixing Surface rust

Post by 93_4Banger »

I am going to take off the surface rust on my two pack fenders. and all i want is some suggestions by you guys on how to approach this.
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

Well if I were in your shoes.. I would pull out the phone book and start calling autobody shops. But then I know nothing about body work in general so I often pay far more than is required for that stuff.. I can bust my knuckles well enough in the engine bay.. but when it comes to body work.. I smile & nod and call a professional ;) And while I realize this doesnt answer your question directly.. I can tell you that if you dont know what you are doing.. (Or have at least a good idea..) you could mess things up worse than they are now and cost yourself more in the long run.
Best of luck in anycase.

Tunes67
93_4Banger

Post by 93_4Banger »

thank you for that i should of called my mother and she could of told me that.
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

No sweat man.. and just like your mother.. if you mess it up.. I'll be glad to say I told you so as well :D Cheers.

Tunes67
93_4Banger

Post by 93_4Banger »

just finished it up and it looks good with the primer now i need to get my baby painted. it was easy and if any one wants some tips just pm me and ill give u some tips
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

Just out of curiousity.. did you use a rust inhibitor chemical to prevent the rust from returning? I once overheard a conversation a while back about removing rust and one of the guys mentioned something called "Rustmort" ? Dunno.. like I said.. I dont know enough about this to try this on my own.. but if your results are good.. then :welder: :2thumbsup:

Tunes67

Return to “Appearance”