PACESETTER MONZA QUESTION..

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
jrors
Supporting Member

PACESETTER MONZA QUESTION..

Post by jrors »

Hi guys! I have a question. I will be replacing my exhaust system in a few weeks and instead of just going to Midas and having the regular piping put in, I was wondering if any of you have the Pacesetter Monza exhaust system on your MX-3. I have a 93 RS model with the slush box... (a.k.a, the automatic) with about 124,000 miles on it. Do you think I'll have any performance gains? Or do you all think I'll be just wasting my money?
As always guys, thanks in advance.
If you fall, then get back up........Luck favors the prepared
Flashpoint2

Post by Flashpoint2 »

a decent exhaust/intake system will always net you a little bit of a gain, but it probably wont be very noticable, especially with the auto.
1996 MX-3 RS - Sold.
2004 RX-8 GS - Yay!
ScooterBovine
Supporting Member

Post by ScooterBovine »

That's the exhaust that I have on my GS. It was already on the car when I bought it, so I don't know if it affected the car much at all or what. It's louder than stock, but it's not over bearing. I like it. People say it rusts real quick, but mine doesn't have a speck of rust on it, yet.
No more MX-3.
ovendenk
Supporting Member

Post by ovendenk »

i have it on my car, but believe me don't get it!!! if you want to sound like every other suped up civic that sounds like a lawn mower, go right ahead. it is your car. :D

use the money it would cost you to buy it and build a custom magnaflow or similar quality exhaust. read this thread:

http://www.mx-3.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.ph ... highlight=

pacesetter's website says $320 for the kit. you can buy high flow cat, resonator, and muffler for $250 all combined and all 2.25". and cause you live in the states, shipping's free. don't count on that with pacesetter. now all you need to do is go to a shop and get them to fab the other sections of pipe and you'd probably be walking away with an amazing exhaust system for less than $400.

i think the prices i found were as follows:
14415 resonator $60
14815 muffler $140 (keeps it looking stock, imo)
94105 cat $55 (couldn't find one recommeded by tatsu)

good luck, hope this helps.

btw, you'd probably be the envy of a lot of guys on here with this setup. :)
kevin (aka The Oven)
93 mx-3 GS KL-ZE with KL31 cams and properly chipped ecu
All mods are on my website: http://ca.geocities.com/ovendenk
MX-3.com Worklog: http://www.mx-3.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=48462
jrors
Supporting Member

Post by jrors »

Thanx so much for all the info guys. And ovendenk, that detailed info you provided really helped me out alot! Thanxs again
If you fall, then get back up........Luck favors the prepared

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”