is the bp swap worth it?

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
johnboi85

Post by johnboi85 »

sorry to say dude but i followed your how to from step one lol. i guess i'm the last to put in the bp w/o taking out the tranny (will never do that again) but your how to really helped me. i am really grateful. thanks typhoonk. on the question to if it was worth it? hell yeah! i'm the only one in hawaii that has this swap. on the island of oahu anyway. everyone knows me as the quy with the quick mx haha. i'm getting my header and short shifter pretty soon so peace
bp mx-3
matt_fulghum

Post by matt_fulghum »

yeh, I did too... jackass :P

as long as you don't go with the Typhoon method, you should be fine. Just make sure you have the tools you'll need.
Typhoonk

Post by Typhoonk »

Your a pretty agressive guy? eh matt?

LOL

How is your engine running now any who? fix all the little things?
I just got mine running perfectly a week ago (found all the air leaks, changed the TPS), then I go and rip my idle air tube, and now my engine is back to the surging........ :x
-------------------------------------------------------
Got to sell one of my cars to cover the bills
2002 Mazda Protege 5 - Manual, Blue colour fully loaded
PM for info
johnboi85

Post by johnboi85 »

eh typhoonk, i'm having a problem with my bp. if i press the throttle more than quarter throttle, my car seems to buck until 2500 rpm then it would be fine. is this the sign of a bad tps? i'ts just not smooth. i did compression check and all that could be imagines exept the tps adjustment. so what do you suggest?
bp mx-3
matt_fulghum

Post by matt_fulghum »

the engine's running for the most part... but there's still a damn vacuum leak.... at the INJECTORS....

wtf was mazda doing using those crappy a-- plastic rings for sealing those ports instead of rubber o-rings or something? it's gonna SUCK trying to seal those injector ports (maybe I'll try RTV or something)

it's almost drivable at this point, but the clutch won't disengage (leaky slave cylinder) grrrr

bought one off of a guy at clubprotege... hoping that solves my problem.

edit: oh... you KNOW I'm aggressive :P
Cpl_Bryant

Post by Cpl_Bryant »

Some of you have gotten some serious deals on your engines. I cannot find a BPT GTX for less than Corksport's price of $1150. Any advice as to where to source this engine from?
http://www.cardomain.com/profile/cplbryant" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Flashpoint2

Post by Flashpoint2 »

Check this out.. these guys say they have a BPT, but they got a pic of a V6.
1100 USD
http://www.naganojapanese.com/jdm_bpt.html
1996 MX-3 RS - Sold.
2004 RX-8 GS - Yay!
Cpl_Bryant

Post by Cpl_Bryant »

Yeah, they used that pic for like 3 of the other Mazda engines they're selling. And what's with the HP rating on the BPT - 190? I doubt its an underestimation of the GTR so it must be an inflated rating of the GTX. Sounds like they have no idea what they are doing. No wonder the price is so cheap.
http://www.cardomain.com/profile/cplbryant" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Flashpoint2

Post by Flashpoint2 »

Lol.. AND if you click on the engine pic in the link, a pic of a Vtec comes up :shock:
1996 MX-3 RS - Sold.
2004 RX-8 GS - Yay!
Ruben MX-3

Post by Ruben MX-3 »

every swap is headaches... but i think swapping a bp is worth it.. i just gotta get my ecu.. fcukin thing is revving like s---... anyone kno how much a JDM 1.8 ECU is?
Cpl_Bryant

Post by Cpl_Bryant »

So I talked to the NaganoJapanese.com people about that BPT. Yeah I think they just aren't too web savy. They definetly knew about the engine and I actually ended up buying it from them yesterday so, thanks for helping me discover them! They have a shop in Albany too which is like only 1hour 20mins away from me, instead of Montreal Canada which is about 5 hours. AND they offer free shipping on the engine. I guess in retrospect it really wasn't that cheap either, Corksport has it for only $50 more, but they don't have any in stock and have a bunch of people waiting on them. God I can't wait to start this swap.
Flashpoint2

Post by Flashpoint2 »

Well, thats good! let us know how it goes, and if dealing with them is easy. :)
1996 MX-3 RS - Sold.
2004 RX-8 GS - Yay!
bigrich12

thinkin bout the swap

Post by bigrich12 »

me and my friends are thinkin about the swap. we are all young and dont have much experience. wonderin how long do you all think it would take a few beginners and can i keep my dohc tranny in??? Thanx for the help.
1994 Mx3 custom system with 2 JBL 10's, alpine head unit, and memphis highs.

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”