Dumb neon owner

Off-Topic Discussions
manowar821
Supporting Member

Dumb neon owner

Post by manowar821 »

I was driving to my girlfriends place, and on the way I was behind a dodge neon.. It was one of the newer models. The kid had torn the badge for "neon" off (all of them) and replaced it with "GT-R".. I didn't know that dodge stole the GT-R emblem from Nissan!!
I'll go throw one on my MX right now!

Anyway at a light, the kid reved at me... I looked him straight in the eyes, at his car, in his eyes and shook my head. He looked very disapointed.

Sooo, the light goes green, and he peels out. Now, if it had been a nice car, perhaps I would've indulged in a little 100 foot race, but not this time, because I saw a cop that he didn't.

The copper was in HIS LANE at the next light up, and the kid almost hit him. I've never seen a cop yell like that in real life before... OH MAN it was funny.
freyguy_412

Post by freyguy_412 »

That's what mopar will do for you.

My boy and I just installed a set of true racing coilovers on a guys 99 neon. He needed a replacement after blowing his stock struts with a set of dropzone coilover sleves that were jacked all the way down. He bought the new ones the Mopar Racing section at the dealership for $1200! Fully adjustable ride hight, shock dampening, perfect direct fit bolt on stock replacement.... yeah, these things were nice. Only problem is they're designed to keep the car within a factory warranty. They had a locking collar about 3/4 down the shaft, preventing you from lowering the car beyond a certain point. We left it on because we didn't know if the struts would wear out faster when the spring was lowered beyond that collar. The guy was hoping for a big drop... we estimate his old coil overs gave him about 2-2.5in... He's mainly all show and just wants to be low to the ground. As soon at the front hit the ground, we knew he was pissed: these dealership coil overs put his car back up to stock height, even when adjusted all the way down. He hopes the springs will settle to give him some drop back, but he feels like he wasted $1200 dollars. No body roll what so ever though, this car is solid. Just an interesting Mopar story and another reason to NEVER EVER NEVER buy racing products from your dealership.
It might be slow, but it's not a civic!
DavidOS

Post by DavidOS »

i just dont like neons, i look at them and just the way they look, seems to exude ugly slowness even if its not always the case.
1994, GS, KLZE, 67mm TB, LightFlywheel, Centreforce Stg 3 Clutch, CAI, KL36 ecu, B&M shortshifter, Solid poly mounts, lightweight Aluminum Cross memeber, 2.5 high flo cat, 2.5 all back, Tanabe Exhaust, optima battery, ZX2 HD tokicos, eibach prokit, black altezzas.....

http://www.modifiedmazda.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

My main beef with neons was the retarded ad campaign they had when they first came out. Dunno if you guys saw it or remember it.. but they had the car bouncing on a trampoline of some sort and when it popped straight up into view (front view) they froze the car in mid air and the word "Hi" appeared above the car. Simply retarded. :roll: As to how the car looks.. only thing uglier in my opinion than a riced Neon is a riced Cavalier. With the possible exception of stock vw Bugs.. ;)

Tunes67
Flashpoint2

Post by Flashpoint2 »

I remember it.. it was "Hi." and a neon green Neon staring you right in the face. Ew.
1996 MX-3 RS - Sold.
2004 RX-8 GS - Yay!
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

freyguy_412 wrote:NEVER EVER NEVER buy racing products from your dealership.
MazdaSpeed included?? :?
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
johnnyb
Supporting Member

Post by johnnyb »

that was my question. sometimes its cheaper to go to the dealership then to go to corksport
93SOHC

Post by 93SOHC »

Tunes67 wrote:My main beef with neons was the retarded ad campaign they had when they first came out. Dunno if you guys saw it or remember it.. but they had the car bouncing on a trampoline of some sort and when it popped straight up into view (front view) they froze the car in mid air and the word "Hi" appeared above the car. Simply retarded. :roll: As to how the car looks.. only thing uglier in my opinion than a riced Neon is a riced Cavalier. With the possible exception of stock vw Bugs.. ;)

Tunes67
Ditto
93SE-KLDE Theres a big peice of metal inside my other peice of metal now...weird???
freyguy_412

Post by freyguy_412 »

jschrauwen wrote:
freyguy_412 wrote:NEVER EVER NEVER buy racing products from your dealership.
MazdaSpeed included?? :?
Yeah... that might be my own ignorance. I wasn't sure if MAZDASPEED came directly from a dealership or had to be ordered from a factory. I've tried to see about MAZDASPEED parts here where I live at the ONE FREAKING Mazda dealership and had no luck, hell most of the people there are like, "an MX-what? Are you sure you don't mean our new Mazda3? I don't think we offer an MX-3..." Ah, so many happy people in the world... ignorance must be bliss... wait... why am I so happy.... NOOOOOO :shock:
It might be slow, but it's not a civic!

Return to “Off-Topic”