buying a klze

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
mx3tuner

buying a klze

Post by mx3tuner »

as anyone bought from totaljdm? just wondering befoer i buy from them...heres the link... http://www.totaljdm.com/index.cfm/fusea ... ngines.htm
Juans_93_MX3

Post by Juans_93_MX3 »

Your 15 and already buying a KLZE?
Do what I am going to do
Save $7k and buy a V8, MTX tranny, clutch and everything you will need :D
V8 MX3, now that would be a sleeper espically at 350rwhp!
2008 Mazda 3
1993 MX3 GS
KLZE, Fidanza flywheel, KL31 CAMs, South Bend Stage I Clutch, Pacesetter STS, SS AutoChromes, Magnaflow muffler, 2.25' Exhaust, CAI, Blaster Coil HEI, KLDE Valvetrain, 5 Speed Swap
mazdubber

Post by mazdubber »

Juans_93_MX3 wrote:Your 15 and already buying a KLZE?
Do what I am going to do
Save $7k and buy a V8, MTX tranny, clutch and everything you will need :D
V8 MX3, now that would be a sleeper espically at 350rwhp!
It's not going to be too much of a sleeper with a tubbed out rear end and a full tube chassis. But it'll still be cool. 8)
92 GS
'Stock'... :twisted:
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

Hmmm mx3tuner, You must live in the vancouver area.. I have heard some rough stories from those guys, same with JK motors in van. I recommend your check out your local performance shops and ask them the best place to get a motor. If you can go see the motor for yourself then it might be worth your while to but one form total or JK.
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

Juans_93_MX3 wrote:Your 15 and already buying a KLZE?
I'm scratching my head here. At 15 I owned a clapped out, beat to sh*t, hardly ever worked Honda55. Aspirations an a scale like this is difficult to comprehend. Do you already own an MX? If so, how could you afford it? How do you know you want a KLZE engine when you can't even drive an MX let alone a car? How are you able to afford a KLZE? Very, very strange. Either we have a silver spoon situation or a very industrious, hard working young man who appears to be ahead of his time in automotive savy wrt the MX scene. I tend to think it's the former. That said, I would recommend that he may want to consider the MX that's for sale in the other forum that's done to the t*ts.
15 years old....I don't know????
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
kiwi_MX3

Post by kiwi_MX3 »

Hang on a minute, here guys.

I paid 500NZD for my MX3 complete just a non runner for the first 1
I paid 280NZD for my KLZE, which is cleaner than clean by pure luck.

At 15 i was racing offroaders in the national comp's out of my own
pocket, on apprentence wages, yup still can't spell.....

Now my mates son how is coming up soon for driving age has been
working really hard and saving for his first car, ( he want a integra )
(ekk i know ), my point is why cos of the guy's age are you all knocking
him?
Kiwi - Native Bird Of New Zealand, semi-nocturnal, secretive bird
Flightless, though can be found flying firstclass
Poor eyesight, though can spot a good pub at 100yards.
mx3tuner

Post by mx3tuner »

I guess it might sound a bit wierd...a 15 yr. old already with a car and soon buying a klze....but heres the story. My dad owns a 97" nissan pick up and it was his daily driver..to and from work is a good distance...so by 2004 he had around 170000 miles on it. It still ran good but the gas milage wasnt great...so he looked into getting a small car...that got ok gas milage...that was fun to drive for his long trip. My cousin at the time was buying a house and the guy selling the house had a son who had moved to florida leaving his mx3 behind. So the guy was trying to sell it along with the house... when me and my dad went to check out our cousins house we saw the mx3....and on the back window it had a for sale sign "1000$"...we couldnt pass it by...and the cool thing is that nothing was wrong with it....now, a year later it has become my car...and being that it was only 1000$ to start with and ive pretty much been taking care of it my dad didnt make me pay for it....now as far as buying a klze at 15 goes....i've been putting almost all the money i get from mowing lawns, ect. into the bank and just recently decided to try to get a klze....so i sold some old skateboard ramps i had and with the money from the bank have around 700$....im getting a job this summer...and still doing things like mowing lawns and stuff and from what i figure should have enough to buy a klze by about august...i was just doing my research now on where to buy from...thats my story. Oh thanks for stickin up for me kiwi.
mx3tuner

Post by mx3tuner »

oh and i live in Hagerstown, MD...and ill be 16 in may...so i figured why not start workin on my mx as soon as i can.
fry_81

Post by fry_81 »

i was just turning 16 when i bought my mx3 :shrug:
1994 5spd GS Parts Car For Sale 800obo. e-mail for details. fry_81@hotmail.com
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

Tuner, I humbly appologise. As to the options I mentioned previously, "you are obviously a very industrious, hard working young man who appears to be ahead of his time in automotive savy wrt the MX scene". I could never imagine myself at 15 grappling with a project of this magnitude or complexity. I pleasantly stand corrected and I envy your future ahead!
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
quicksliver

Post by quicksliver »

mx3tuner wrote:I guess it might sound a bit wierd...a 15 yr. old already with a car and soon buying a klze....but heres the story. My dad owns a 97" nissan pick up and it was his daily driver..to and from work is a good distance...so by 2004 he had around 170000 miles on it. It still ran good but the gas milage wasnt great...so he looked into getting a small car...that got ok gas milage...that was fun to drive for his long trip. My cousin at the time was buying a house and the guy selling the house had a son who had moved to florida leaving his mx3 behind. So the guy was trying to sell it along with the house... when me and my dad went to check out our cousins house we saw the mx3....and on the back window it had a for sale sign "1000$"...we couldnt pass it by...and the cool thing is that nothing was wrong with it....now, a year later it has become my car...and being that it was only 1000$ to start with and ive pretty much been taking care of it my dad didnt make me pay for it....now as far as buying a klze at 15 goes....i've been putting almost all the money i get from mowing lawns, ect. into the bank and just recently decided to try to get a klze....so i sold some old skateboard ramps i had and with the money from the bank have around 700$....im getting a job this summer...and still doing things like mowing lawns and stuff and from what i figure should have enough to buy a klze by about august...i was just doing my research now on where to buy from...thats my story. Oh thanks for stickin up for me kiwi.

Keep up the good work bud!! f---, when i was 15 i could barley save up enough money to get a new hockey stick lol. Spend it on candy, candy, and more candy lol. Now im a save-aholic...feel guilty about buying stuff i don't need.
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

Ya man 15....holy, if your working hat hard that young ur car is gonna be a sight opf beauty if you keep working at it, i got my first car at 19 so good luck man!
JWMX3

Post by JWMX3 »

fry_81 wrote:i was just turning 16 when i bought my mx3 :shrug:
damn, and youre 99 now, i didnt know mx3's have been around that long :P
94' Mx3 GS 0-60 in 7.53s [5 spd conversion / Rebuilt 2.5 KL]
mx3tuner

Post by mx3tuner »

Nah, no need to apoligize, jschrauwen. You all keep up the good work too...after all most of the stuff i plan to do is stuff that you guys have come up with...so i should be thanking you guys...thanks....so anyway tho u guys have heard some bad stuff about totaljdm? well where do u guys recomend getting one then...i didnt really feel like gettin it off ebay(tho they have good prices) cuz u never know what your really buying...only other place that ive really found the klze is japanstar or somthin like that and they dont seem to want to say how many miles are on thier motors...
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

Slightly embarrassed to post again, just to say, got my first car when I was 19 also.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”