Questions: heat shield, muffler, distributer O ring size

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
TysonB

Questions: heat shield, muffler, distributer O ring size

Post by TysonB »

1. I have a rattleing heat shield (what a nuisance) its easy to remove there is a missing bolt (rusted out portion) at the bottom of the shield...my question is can I just get rid of it altogether or would it be better to rebuild one...mazda charges $60.00 for it are they nuts?

2. I want a new muffler most likely this one

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... %3AIT&rd=1

at the rear end of our car where the stock dual tip is...is that a muffler or is that a resonator? I guess what Im asking is can I replace that piece with the one in that link...

3. Anyone know what size O ring is in the distributor mine is leaking oil and I would like to just pick one up then change it...I have a 1.6 4banger (wish I had a klze v6 but thats another days project)
johnboi85

Post by johnboi85 »

are you new? well back to the topic at hand. the disty o-ring, you should bring your disty to the parts store so you know you go the right size. that muffler is going to have to be put on professionally due to welding unless you can weld. it's a muffler not a resonator. your heat shield, i removed mine and i have it on the side. you want it? pay for shipping.

-jon
bp mx-3
TysonB

Post by TysonB »

Well not new just havnt posted all winter...I hate winter I couldnt find myself modding my car in the cold...I work at Canadian tire in the parts section I was just wonderin if anyone knew the o-ring size off hand but its all good I think ill grab a handfull and return the unused ones...if ur heat shield is in good condition I will gladly pay for shipping thanks for the help and as the muffler goes I can weld...so Ill make a mounting bracket and stick it on that sucker thanks again...

my email address is tysonb@gmail.com if you want to contact me with your information I will send you a moneyorder or something for the heatshield thanks :D u made my day
ryanlindenberg

Post by ryanlindenberg »

the exhaust shop that i went too just cut the mounting bracket off the stock muffler and welded it onto the new one...probably would save you some time.
CARDOMAIN WITH UPDATED PICS
"There are 2 kinds of pedestrians, the quick and the dead."

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”