How do i reset/clear the current codes stored in the ECU?

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
quicksliver

How do i reset/clear the current codes stored in the ECU?

Post by quicksliver »

I got a few codes stored in the ecu that i want to clear....how do i clear em?
yvan

Post by yvan »

easy as 1..2..3 man,, disconnect your neg battery for at least 5 minute or so.. turn key on to drain out any store current in the ecu capacitor...put back neg connector .. thats its..
93' blue mx-3, klze curve neck, kl36ecu, all the upgrade possible/out turbo.
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

yvan wrote:easy as 1..2..3 man,, disconnect your neg battery for at least 5 minute or so.. turn key on to drain out any store current in the ecu capacitor...put back neg connector .. thats its..
Haven't heard that one before, but doesn't mean that it won't work. Here's something a little quicker, disconnect neg battery terminal for at least 60 seconds, then depress brake pedal for a minimum 10 seconds, reconnect neg terminal and that's it.
We all know that there is always a constant current feed to the brake lights at all times irregardless if ignition is on or not. By depressing brake pedal you're doing the same thing - draining any transient current remaining in cars electrical system (including ECU).
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
dave1970p

Post by dave1970p »

thats how i was told to do it, with the brake pedal. hey wow i actually knew the answer to this one.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”