What kinds of bolt on and add ons can you get for the 94' RS

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
93SOHC

Post by 93SOHC »

I have been talking w/ Jon(Trickmx-3) via email for a while now, because he's in my area. I am going to do anything to help him out. Just remember that he is real young and new to cars. My advice to you Jon is first get that car runnin right and maybe clean it all up a bit. Once I get a chance to get to your house, i'll try to give you more advice based on what i've seen
93SE-KLDE Theres a big peice of metal inside my other peice of metal now...weird???
TrickMX-3

Where

Post by TrickMX-3 »

Where can you get a cold air intake for the DOHC cause all i can find is for the SOHC if anyone knows anything let me know. Also i need to find a good pair of rear struts if you know where to get a cheap set let me know alright thanks.
monty73741
Forum Moderator

Re: Where

Post by monty73741 »

the sohc intake will fit on the dohc
Jason Danaher
Please Help Support MX-3.com
MX-3.com Online Store - http://www.mx-3.com/osv3
CafePress - http://www.cafepress.com/mx3com
phredren

Post by phredren »

So you guys think you can use the B6T cams in the MX3 DOHC head, even though you'd be using the B6T intake cam on the MX3 exhaust side, and the B6T exhaust cam on the MX3 intake side? Am I the only one that thinks this is a really bad idea?
matt_fulghum

Post by matt_fulghum »

why in hell would you use turbo cams in a NA engine.
phredren

Post by phredren »

Well if you followed along you would have read that people were talking about using the B6T cams with a TURBOCHARGED B6DE.
matt_fulghum

Post by matt_fulghum »

my bad.... again... 0 for 2 in this thread. (quit while I'm behind :P)
freyguy_412

Post by freyguy_412 »

I would only use the B6T cams if you are going to eventually turbocharge the engine. For a n/a car, I would just run the B6ZE Miata cams. There was a website on here someone posted that had a couple different sets with different lift and duration. They were only like $565 I think (same idea of swapping the ex for in and in for ex). When I do my head rebuild I'm gonna use those, and I'm probably going to use them with my turbo project too. Granted, it's gonna take me probably a year to get the funds to start these projects, but I will have a fast MX-3 someday.
It might be slow, but it's not a civic!
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

i wasent really paying attention, the BP cams you can swap straight over. but as far as the 1.6 you need to run same lift and duration for both sides. its better that way anyways. it cost damb near the same to get custom cams out of blanks. iv been running the miata cams for several years now and in two different motors. and they help alot especially with the turbo. but you need adj. cam gears to get the timming perfect.

IT wouldent be good to run STOCK Miata cams in a MX-3 DOHC. because the duration is different from intake to exaust. intake is 236 and exhaust is 248. and you want more air leaving the motor than you bring in. so its best to get matching lift and duration for bothe sides. this is where i got mine http://www.integralcams.com/miata.htm
freyguy_412

Post by freyguy_412 »

Josh said,
this is where i got mine http://www.integralcams.com/miata.htm
Hey yeah! Thats the site that had the cams for $565.... er... I mean $575!!! :roll:
It might be slow, but it's not a civic!
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

yah i got mine and they were only 500 even. price is still really good. most places want more for just as good of a product. i wanted the toda racing cams but couldent justify 800 or so bucks.

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”