Console lighting??

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Bradmx32003

Console lighting??

Post by Bradmx32003 »

I dont remember from my first mx-3(a 4cyl if it matters) But does the center console light up? Meaning the Heater/Fan area? Where the knobs are, hopefully you guys can figure out what im getting at here...
Red 1992 Mx-3 GS, all stock.
ovendenk
Supporting Member

Post by ovendenk »

ya, it's supposed to light up. i have the same problem though. before it used to light up if i pushed the temp control really fast towards the cold side, but now it doesn't light up at all. let me know if you figure it out.
kevin (aka The Oven)
93 mx-3 GS KL-ZE with KL31 cams and properly chipped ecu
All mods are on my website: http://ca.geocities.com/ovendenk
MX-3.com Worklog: http://www.mx-3.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=48462
Bradmx32003

Post by Bradmx32003 »

Hey, mine never has so that's why I was curious. But, my wiring is ALL screwed up in the car. Ive heard some stories of cars catching fire will driving due to bad wiring so thats why I havn't attempted to re-wire it myself.
Red 1992 Mx-3 GS, all stock.
jimishadow

Post by jimishadow »

i give mine a tap on the side and it goes on,,,for 2 years now one tap and it stays on :P
93SOHC

Post by 93SOHC »

sometimes only half of mine lights up, and I have to beat it a bit to get it working. Most likely a loose wire or bad ground(damn you mazda and your bad grounds) I hopefully will get it taken care of when I rip my interior aprart in a few weeks
93SE-KLDE Theres a big peice of metal inside my other peice of metal now...weird???
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

It's been a while since I've climbed in there. Acouple of lights on same circuit. One is down in the ashtray - the underneath right side after you lift the ashtray out. The other is another similar bulb that illuminates a plastic bar/stick/strip...whatever you call it for the heater controls. I believe that the ground for this circuit goes to the metal framework behind the heater control unit. Mostly untreated metal there so if the car has had a lot of exposure to moistuure or if previous owners have possibly tried to tap into this lead for ICE then you might have a little more work ahead of you. Pretty simple once the face plate is off, 92' speaking of course.
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”