KLZE supplier and performance upgrades questions

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
insanerino

KLZE supplier and performance upgrades questions

Post by insanerino »

Hey guys. I'm on the verge of doing my KLZE upgrade in my '93 MX-3 GS. But, I have a few questions first.
1) Has anyone purchassed from Japan Star Motor and are they a good supplier?
2) Will the HKS cold air intake made for the 1.8L V6 in the GS work okay with the KLZE?
3) What headers do you recommend over the stock exhaust manifold that will fit the KLZE and not require many moifications to attach to the stock exhaust system?

That should be it for now. After I get all my questions answered, I should be doing the swap this summer. I live in Ohio so it's not the greatest time to do it now. Thanks for the answers guys!
babyblueMX3
Supporting Member

Re: KLZE supplier and performance upgrades questions

Post by babyblueMX3 »

insanerino wrote:Hey guys. I'm on the verge of doing my KLZE upgrade in my '93 MX-3 GS. But, I have a few questions first.
1) Has anyone purchassed from Japan Star Motor and are they a good supplier?
2) Will the HKS cold air intake made for the 1.8L V6 in the GS work okay with the KLZE?
3) What headers do you recommend over the stock exhaust manifold that will fit the KLZE and not require many moifications to attach to the stock exhaust system?

1. don't know sorry
2. HKS makes an intake for the k8 ?
3. non will fit without modification to the cat..well I don't think so
RIP 400whp ZE-T MX-3
Current car : Golf 01 GTI 1.8T (15 psi)
mxmaz

Post by mxmaz »

1)Dont know about the company you're talking about but sunsengines.com and noyanusa.com are 2 very reputable places to buy a ze. 2)Any cai to fit the 1.8 will be fine on the ze. 3)2nd gen obx headers are supposed to be a good bang for your buck. Requires the cat to be moved back a bit but thats no big deal.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”