front end smashed in - repair advice plz!

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
DamoV6UK
Location: The little known village of Mortimer near Reading in sunshine drenched England

front end smashed in - repair advice plz!

Post by DamoV6UK »

I came out of work after dark and managed to slide off the road into a lamp post. doh! :cry:

Think the workmen on our site had dropped gravel or something onto the roundabout so i steered round but went straight on!! :shock:

Have smashed bumper, bonnet, radiator, air con radiator, driver headlight which i can replace all... BUT...

The slam panel (is that what you call the colour coded member that runs from front of wing/fender - behind headlight - across top of radiator and to ther side is called?) is bent. can anybody tell me if this is bolted or welded and if so where.

Also there is a big metal section (crushable section) on each side of the rengine with a flat plate on it, it ends below the headlights and the black plastic bumper beam attaches to it on each side... Thats slightly bent. Is that welded or bolted? can it be bent back?!?

I have found an old MX3 with good body and front end with knackered engine for £400 so if they bolt i can hopefully swap straight over with the other bits.

Sorry for long post but this is REALLY STRESSING ME OUT!!!

Hope one of u guys knows what im talking about? if pics will help ill try to get some taken tonight.

Damo :cry:
MX3 V6 - Modified to include lots of bits such as a Poppy Coral air freshener...
If you see a red MX shattering the tranquility of the Berkshire countryside... Give us a wave!!

Return to “Appearance”