no brakes after BP swap

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
Domnknpimp

no brakes after BP swap

Post by Domnknpimp »

hi, I just swaped out my old engine for a BP, and now I have no power brakes. I did have trouble putting in the vacuum line that goes to the brakes on the side of the engine, and the hose cracked a bit, but i pushed it far back enough that it shouldn't affect it TOO much.... I know it has a check valve in the hose, but will it work with a regular hose (at least a little bit?) I connected it with a regular hose, but it had no affect at all, and pressing the brakes w/ no booster is not a fun thing to do while drivin..... I'm begining to wonder if the engine is getting proper vacuum at all. Any suggestions?
matt_fulghum

Post by matt_fulghum »

buy a new brake booster line? :P
93SOHC

Post by 93SOHC »

what he said. I replaced the booster line with a regular hose and it ended up pretty crappy. It worked when the car was running, but whenever it dies(got the 1.6sohc with the crappy idle prob) I had no power brakes, ie no check valve. If you can't find a new one, grab one from the j/y. Once you know it aint that, you can't start messin w/ otyher vaccume issues. Since it was your first guess, start there, its cheap
93SE-KLDE Theres a big peice of metal inside my other peice of metal now...weird???
matt_fulghum

Post by matt_fulghum »

I'm surprised that question actually had to be asked :P
Domnknpimp

Post by Domnknpimp »

matt_fulghum wrote:I'm surprised that question actually had to be asked :P
yea I had to ask that question because I knew the hose wasn't the problem..... turns out that the vacuum port on the engine where the hose connects was clogged.... tried to clean it with a cotton swap when i noticed it would only go in about an inch and a half.... scrubbed it out with a screw driver and the old cracked line works just fine :-D
matt_fulghum

Post by matt_fulghum »

still, replace the line if it's got a crack on it... it's for your own safety.
papa roached

Post by papa roached »

yea, brakes and stuff like that you do not skimp and overlook
93 MX-3 GS (collecting parts for Eunos Presso conversion), 94 626 Transmission (4.10 gears), KL31 camed KL-ZE, Millenia intake, Millenia TB, SSAutochrome V2 headers, Magnaflow cat, 2 1/4 in pipe, Top Speed Pro 1 muffler, 9lb Fidanza Flywheel, ACT clutch, Corksport SS clutch line, Corksport SS brake lines, Unorthadox UDP, 255 lph fuel pump, HEI mod, ghetto-charger intake, KL36 ECU, SRD transverse crossmember bushings, SRD shifter extention bushing, SRD crossmember, Corksport bronzoil shifter bushings, Brembo Crossdrilled and Slotted rotors, 15 inch Konig Heliums, ZX-2 S/R struts, Eibach lowering springs, OEM front strut bar, Ebay rear strut bar, BFGoodrich G-Force T/A KDWs

Parts needing installed: turbo kit from BB (if i ever get it), 9.0:1 CR Diamond pistons, 4340 forged H beam rods, C/J-Spec spoiler, Nissan red tops in KL rails
http://www.cardomain.com/id/blazejeremy

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”