lambo doors

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
Chronicle-Rod

Post by Chronicle-Rod »

That's why I asked for a reputable dealer in my other post. This guy doesn't seem all that legit - and that's a lot of provinces to drive across in order to beat my money out of someone :D
Sam Baker

Post by Sam Baker »

LOL thats a lotta country to fly across to beat my money out of someone :lol: but yea i'm still "iffy" as all of you are.. thats why im just gonna wait til the end of the month, and if he still says "sorry my supplier says another week" i'm just gonna file with paypal. jschrauwen, i totally understand.. that email aint exactly convincing, but he DID make a video, and take lots of pix, all of which i downloaded before his site stopped hosting.. but yea like i said, i'll keep u all posted on the results :?
92 Autozam AZ3
ovendenk
Supporting Member

Post by ovendenk »

see, that's why i didn't get them way back when they were $450 with the gas shocks. btw, his "supplier" is a welding shop. he told me himself that he took the design to a welding shop and got them fabricated. maybe this has changed, i dunno. good luck to anyone who bought them and let us know how they work.
kevin (aka The Oven)
93 mx-3 GS KL-ZE with KL31 cams and properly chipped ecu
All mods are on my website: http://ca.geocities.com/ovendenk
MX-3.com Worklog: http://www.mx-3.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=48462
marcus2966

Love it

Post by marcus2966 »

That looks awesome.......... :D
Roll with it or get rolled over mother%@#er!
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_img_a/478582_8_full.jpg
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

Subsequent email(s) - jschrauwen / Shea Brown, 13 Mar 05 (un-editted)
Attached are the follow up (un-edited) emails between myself and Shea Brown. The first by Shea is in response to the trailing email. I leave you to your own conclusions.

hey well the reason i dont have a kit just lying around is because they are
expensive and for me its just not practical to have one lying around just to
show someone that wants the kit now i did have a kit on my car but when a guy cut me off and i hit a curb with my car i got rid of the kit because i
was just going to part out my mx-3. but i have it on the rode agen and have orderd a kit for myself and am hopping to have it on for the next mx-3 meet. and as far as people not likeing that i dont have anything to show them well they can go buy a kit for 2000$ if they dont like that. adn its not like i dont have a video to show people of the kit working and more pics than most othere companys offer for there kits. and im not inthis to get rich i was just trying to offer somthing that othere people would want at a good price. if people dont want to buy the kit then thats fine with me then im the only mx-3 with a lambo kit. ill show my kit when i have it on my car but tell i have it there is not much i can do. and its not that my parents dont suport me it just they dont want all kinds of people comming hear all the time i have had 5 people come to drop off money or to see stuff withing the last 2 weeks.

>Reply-To: "John Schrauwen" <jschrauwen@sympatico.ca>
>To: "Shea Brown" <shea_115@hotmail.com>
>Subject: Re: Question for item #7961104925 - 92-96 MAZDA MX-3 Lambo
>Vertical Door Doors VDC Body Kit
>Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2005 16:30:40 -0500
>
Thanks for responding Shea
Well unfortunately if your not willing or able to show someone your product in order to make a sale, it makes it very difficult for someone to go on blind faith and pay $600.00 up front for a product that cannot be demonstrated or even shown uninstalled. I'm not a business person, but this doesn't seem to be a very good business practice. It appears that you're a younger individual living at home and that your parents aren't receptive to your business enterprise. That said, if your parents aren't willing to see the merit or assist in your business ventures how do you think the public is going to respond? This may appear a little negative, but hopefully you'll be able to take something positive out of it. Not only was I looking for myself, but as a member of MX-3.com I was going to give some feedback after my visit to clarify some questions the membership had. This does not bode well for your enterprise when I re-iterate what you have mentioned to me in this email. The thousands of world-wide members of MX3.com will probably not look favourably on your product at this point and may look elsewhere, I'm sorry to say. Perhaps something more positive will turn up in the future. Regards,

John Schrauwen
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
Sam Baker

Post by Sam Baker »

yea he told me the same thing today in an email response (that he was cut off) and i sounds ok.. aside for horrific grammar issues.. but im still suspicious, as are all of you. its only been 2 weeks, but he says he'll ship them out next week. if it's delayed any longer, i'll ask for a refund. as of now i'm just waitin it out.. you make a good point that i'm goin on "blind faith" but i can always get my money back as long as i dont wait too long. hopefully it all turns out good, but no matter what the outcome is, i will let u all know next week :P
92 Autozam AZ3
Nallboy
Supporting Member

Post by Nallboy »

Any updates yet? I'm really interested in finding out how it goes.
You've got balls to be our guinea pig. If this Shea guy has any sense he'll take good care of you on this.
'93 GS sporting 31 ZE, 36 ECU, Millenia IM & TB, Beefed up tranny, Fidanza FW, CM Stage II-R, Al UDP, HS Headers, MF Hi-Flow CAT, 2.5" Piping, CAI, MGC Wires, MS Mounts, B&M SS, Bronzoils, SS B & C Lines, Brembos...more.
Oh yeah, I have a stock ATX 92 RS too.
"Everyone wants to live life in the fast lane; I have more fun weaving through traffic."
Sam Baker

Post by Sam Baker »

haha thanks nallboy.. :lol: i hope it all turns out good! he says he just got the pieces back from the shop on monday and needs to drill the holes before having them welded up and shipped off. the whole process is taking REALLY long, and i wish he had made them before posting about them on ebay (that could cause a huge prob with most people) but he DID start building them before he got my payment (paypal never actually sent the $$ over until 2 days ago, and he started 3 weeks ago). that makes me think it might really be legit :P well at least i hope so. not to doubt shea, but im just being as cautious as all of you... but yea the guinea pig LOL

i'll post pix when he sends em
92 Autozam AZ3
Neil

Post by Neil »

Sam Baker wrote:haha thanks nallboy.. :lol: i hope it all turns out good! he says he just got the pieces back from the shop on monday and needs to drill the holes before having them welded up and shipped off. the whole process is taking REALLY long, and i wish he had made them before posting about them on ebay (that could cause a huge prob with most people) but he DID start building them before he got my payment (paypal never actually sent the $$ over until 2 days ago, and he started 3 weeks ago). that makes me think it might really be legit :P well at least i hope so. not to doubt shea, but im just being as cautious as all of you... but yea the guinea pig LOL

\

I'm really hopin he comes through for ya Sam. I've been dwealing on buying them from him since i wrote my first mx3 off in November but could never bite my lip hard enough to take the chance.
Ever notice anyone driving slower than you is an idiot and anyone driving faster than you is a maniac?
01-03 Civic Projector Swap Tutorial
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

Sam Baker wrote:haha thanks nallboy.. :lol: i hope it all turns out good! he says he just got the pieces back from the shop on monday and needs to drill the holes before having them welded up and shipped off. the whole process is taking REALLY long, and i wish he had made them before posting about them on ebay (that could cause a huge prob with most people) but he DID start building them before he got my payment (paypal never actually sent the $$ over until 2 days ago, and he started 3 weeks ago). that makes me think it might really be legit :P well at least i hope so. not to doubt shea, but im just being as cautious as all of you... but yea the guinea pig LOL
I applaud your patience, on this one Sam :mrgreen:
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
Sam Baker

Post by Sam Baker »

SWEET!!! i'm like 95% positive it's legit now. 8) i asked him for a pix a few days ago of the pieces he got back from the shop (cutting shop) and he finally sent one!! im guessing the hinge on the left is HIS from his car (that he said he was gonna transplant from his crashed one to the new one) and on the right is a hinge freshly made (without the holes) which he is gonna drill, before sending them off to be welded. so it's taking an assload of time but he's rather helpful when it comes to emailing with questions. i get a response within a day and usually faster. well anywayz just wanted to update all of you. heres the pic:

*sorry image removed*
Last edited by Sam Baker on March 27th, 2005, 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
92 Autozam AZ3
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

Nice.. and definately keep us posted on how these turn out on your car.. I have an itchin for these as well. One thing though.. Did the guy tell you it was ok to post the pic? Some of these guys seem really freaky about their lambo hinge designs.. wouldnt want you to get in trouble with him.. especially if he hasnt finished your hinges yet ;) Best of luck man!

Tunes67
Sam Baker

Post by Sam Baker »

o man thats a good point.. i'll remove it i guess. but anywayz, he says he's dropping them off on monday to be welded, and should have them by the end of next week / early week after.

he's taking a really long time (4 weeks already) but if it all turns out all right, i'm gonna be 1 happy mx'er! :P so just keep that in mind if you ever wanna buy from him.. it's gonna take a while.
92 Autozam AZ3
Chronicle-Rod

Post by Chronicle-Rod »

I don't think it'd be a problem - he's got pictures on that geocities site after all.

Lambo

Post by Guest »

This guy seems alright if everything goes well let us know.........Do you know how much work has to be done to accomadate the lambos on the mx-3.? I saw his video and it looks like it will cut into the fendor but if you shave the fendor will it look ugly? He also offers the same kit but with all four shocks now for $850...does anyone know how much the shocks are at like a canadian tire? or similar place..bc i dont think the shocks are worth $250.................................................................................................................Here is the convo that i had with him ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
mx-3 lambo doors Inbox

Peter Kemp to shea_115
More options Mar 28 (21 hours ago)

I would like to know how long it will take for you to make me a pair
of mx-3 lambo doors.Then have them shipped to bc canada. Also can you
send me a picture and videos of your kit and aslo the model number of
the shocks you use for the mx-3 kit. Thank you very much

Shea Brown to me
More options Mar 28 (15 hours ago)

Hey ya i can send a set to you it would cost 60$ Canadian with UPS. Also i
dont no if you no but i have a new kit that i sell for 850$ with everything.
It comes with heavy duty shocks and has some extra parts to it to make it
easyer to instal. I can still sell the old kits i was making for 600$ but it
need the 4 shocks with it from canadian tire. hear is the video and ill have
to get the part numbers i dont have them on hand right now. let me no if you
want any other info thx
Shea

lambo door e-mail.WMV
618K Download

Peter Kemp to Shea
More options Mar 28 (10 hours ago)

Just another question.....how long will it take you to make
them...because i know of a guy on the mx-3.com website who has been waiting for four
weeks for it.(and is still in progress)...does it usually take this
long ?.what is your avarige turn around time ?. How much modification is
needed to do to the mx-3 for the kit to fit......ex: fender shaveing
2inches ect. Thank you

Shea Brown to me
More options 4:31am (5 hours ago)

Hey well it will tae me 1-2 weeks to have a kit made up the other kit s
taking so long because i changed companys that where making the kits so that
delayed stuff but i should have there kits out next week. the work that has
to be done is roling your fenders and the grinding of a part that s on the
frame that sticks up it has to be taken off for any lambo kit to fit on a
mx-3 as far as that you just bolt it on and ajust the kit. its not hard to