GAS gauge indicates Empty all the time

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
cocoa40

GAS gauge indicates Empty all the time

Post by cocoa40 »

92 MX3 V6. Gas gauge not working. Wires seems fine, any ideas.
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

Checked fuses?, wiring under rear passenger seat?, is this coincidental with your high idle issues? Have you gone and tried every other electrical switch / circuit to see if there is something else that's not working?
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
Grants
BANNED Member

Post by Grants »

Could be the actual gauge itself or more likely the sender unit in the tank. I think you can get to it under the back seat.
“You’ll find, that the only thing you can do easily is be wrong, and that’s hardly worth the effort.”
cocoa40

Checked fuses, but did not check all electrical switched

Post by cocoa40 »

Checked fuses, but did not check all electrical switched. I was looking for the car manual with no luck. If any knows were I can pick one up, i'll be greatfull. I am in the Toronto area.
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

I left this morning before your last post or I could have brought my shop manual down to TO today.....sorry. There is an online manual on this site. Just for shits and giggles.....disconnect the negative battery terminal and while it's off go in the car and press on the brake for about 10 to 15 seconds. then re-connect the negative terminal. If there's some junk stored in the ECU, this may clear it. This is just a shot inthe dark because you never answered whether this was coincidental with your idle issues or not.
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
cocoa40

Post by cocoa40 »

"you never answered whether this was coincidental with your idle issues or not." Sorry about that, but I recently purchased the car and inherited both conditions. I'll try what say and I'll let you know the result.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”