Help a 17 year old with his engine swap!

Off-Topic Discussions
MX3newbie77
Supporting Member

Help a 17 year old with his engine swap!

Post by MX3newbie77 »

Alright as the title says, I need help. I am getting ready to order a KL-ZE engine :twisted: ... but I need a engine stand. If anyone lives around Carroll County Maryland and has an engine stand that I could borrow please PM or e-mail me at Hondo701@Adelphia.net

I will discuss specifics with the person when I am contacted. Thanks in advance.[/url]
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

Heh.. while this is not an ideal solution.. in a pinch you can use a old tire to set the engine on. I've had to do this a few times and while it wont let you work on the bottom end at all.. for storage till you can get a engine stand.. it would work fine. Also you can check Harbor Freight for various engine stands.. their prices are very reasonable.

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/D ... mber=47304

This one is pretty heavy duty... but it will give you a general idea..

Tunes67
matt_fulghum

Post by matt_fulghum »

I'm a 17 year old swapper too.... and well... I used the environment to my advantage. Up here in Marblehead Massachusetts we've had so much snow since the start of my swap that I just dumped the old engine in there (nice and cushy) :P

How's THAT for hardcore?
MX3newbie77
Supporting Member

Post by MX3newbie77 »

papa roached

Post by papa roached »

those should be fine
93 MX-3 GS (collecting parts for Eunos Presso conversion), 94 626 Transmission (4.10 gears), KL31 camed KL-ZE, Millenia intake, Millenia TB, SSAutochrome V2 headers, Magnaflow cat, 2 1/4 in pipe, Top Speed Pro 1 muffler, 9lb Fidanza Flywheel, ACT clutch, Corksport SS clutch line, Corksport SS brake lines, Unorthadox UDP, 255 lph fuel pump, HEI mod, ghetto-charger intake, KL36 ECU, SRD transverse crossmember bushings, SRD shifter extention bushing, SRD crossmember, Corksport bronzoil shifter bushings, Brembo Crossdrilled and Slotted rotors, 15 inch Konig Heliums, ZX-2 S/R struts, Eibach lowering springs, OEM front strut bar, Ebay rear strut bar, BFGoodrich G-Force T/A KDWs

Parts needing installed: turbo kit from BB (if i ever get it), 9.0:1 CR Diamond pistons, 4340 forged H beam rods, C/J-Spec spoiler, Nissan red tops in KL rails
http://www.cardomain.com/id/blazejeremy
matt_fulghum

Post by matt_fulghum »

OUCH on the shipping though
93SOHC

Post by 93SOHC »

matt_fulghum wrote:OUCH on the shipping though
right-o matt. I am also looking into these, i'm on my way to get some local prices: NAPA, bumper to bumper, advanced Auto, and a few tractor places(who knows) I'm hoping to just find one locally in the want ads though...
93SE-KLDE Theres a big peice of metal inside my other peice of metal now...weird???
Gro Harlem

Post by Gro Harlem »

FYI, not only do I have an engine stand you can borrow (its kinda bent & a pita to use but will work nonetheless), I also have a spare KL-ZE engine that I'm selling that I bought for a friend with a MX6. He wrecked his car and bailed on me and never paid me for the engine so I'm stuck with this spare engine in my garage that I have no use for.

I"m looking to get what I paid, 800 + sales tax (got it locally from a guy in baltimore who imports engines) so 840 total.

It is a KL31 camshaft "straight-neck" style engine, but I have a spare curved-neck intake manifold that I bought awhile ago that I can trade you for the straight neck manifold that makes the whole thing a direct bolt in for your MX3.

Let me know if you are interested. Also, I can help you out with the swap if you want depending on when you decide to do the swap if you have any questions or anything.
Noble Green Metallic 93' GS Hybrid, 91' 1.8 323
DONATE TO MX-3.COM
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

Man I wish I lived near Gro ;) LOL Nice of you to offer the help man.. :2thumbsup:

Tunes67
monty73741
Forum Moderator

Post by monty73741 »

more md mx-3 owners lOL

yo we all should meet up on saturday night
Jason Danaher
Please Help Support MX-3.com
MX-3.com Online Store - http://www.mx-3.com/osv3
CafePress - http://www.cafepress.com/mx3com
matt_fulghum

Post by matt_fulghum »

I have that exact lift... 180 bucks at Autozone... the engine stand shouldn't be too much either. I don't think you'll need it though... unless you really wanna baby your B6. I just made a holder thing out of plywood for my BP
MX3newbie77
Supporting Member

Post by MX3newbie77 »

more md mx-3 owners lOL

yo we all should meet up on saturday night
Definetly. Isn't there a Sandy Point meet sometime soon?
Gro Harlem

Post by Gro Harlem »

nope...I talked to fernado the other day on the phone and he was wondering when the fark we are having another MD meet.

We should get something rolling...i didn't realize there was interest until I read this thread.

Where should we have it? Approximately what weekend is good for ppl?
Noble Green Metallic 93' GS Hybrid, 91' 1.8 323
DONATE TO MX-3.COM
MX3newbie77
Supporting Member

Post by MX3newbie77 »

I wouldn't want to meet until my ZE is in. An early summer cruise would be nice. The sunroof open, wind in my face...I miss my MX-3
matt_fulghum

Post by matt_fulghum »

I miss my MX-3 too.... over a month out of commission. Parts came in today tho.

Return to “Off-Topic”