bp aftermarket support

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
93SOHC

bp aftermarket support

Post by 93SOHC »

Finnally going to be doing the bp swap in late april early may(hopefully before the midwest meet) and I was wondering if you all could post some links or info on what kind of after market stuff is available for the bp, i.e. cams, adjustable cam gears, ignition upgrades, header, underdrive pulley, etc. I am sure i'll be quite happy just going from the SOHC to a bp, but within a month or so i'm sure i'll be hungry for more horses. Hey, guess i'll have to change my user name from 93SOHC to 93DOHC :lol:
93SE-KLDE Theres a big peice of metal inside my other peice of metal now...weird???
rukick

Post by rukick »

Flyinmiata.com has a crank shaft that increases the stroke, and gets you almost 2.0 L. Get your block bored, longer rods, 11:1 forged pistons, heads ported, 3 angle valve job, corksport has new cam shafts, titanium retainers, and solid lifters. That should be a good start. If you want to be able to get the most power from your new engine you will need a programmable Haltech ECU. If you want to turbo later, change the pistons to 9:1 and don't get crazy with your bore. Let me know how it turns out.
Turbo 94 Protege LX
matt_fulghum

Post by matt_fulghum »

there's TONS of aftermarket support.... pretty much everything from the Miata can be used on the BP, as they're effectively the same engine.
93SOHC

Post by 93SOHC »

so all I gotta do is search for miata then. Which years have the 1.8?
93SE-KLDE Theres a big peice of metal inside my other peice of metal now...weird???
ertaisi

Post by ertaisi »

I believe they were from '94 on, but they also switched out of the 'B' family at some point.
'95 RS: RIP
atlantamx3
Supporting Member

Post by atlantamx3 »

ertaisi wrote: they also switched out of the 'B' family at some point.
WTF??

No they Didn't.

The 1.8L in the 2004 Miata is the same basic engine as the 90-94 Protege.
~Perry
Please visit
http://www.mx3-atlanta.com
93SOHC

Post by 93SOHC »

so 94 and up then?

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”