bose speakers?

Car Stereo/Alarm Discussions
Maxel380

bose speakers?

Post by Maxel380 »

me friend got these awesome bose speakers in his mazda6 and i was wondering if anyone has them in their Mx-3?
Yeah i don't know what i'm talking about...
bmwm3guy

Re: bose speakers?

Post by bmwm3guy »

a model number, series name or even type of speaker might help (component, subwoofers etc...)

Im sure Bose has more than one series of speakers. But yea, Bose is a really good speaker company. I also like Phoenix Gold.
Maxel380

Post by Maxel380 »

yeah i read on bose's website that they install it when they first make the car and you can't upgrade your system into a bose system. i guess this means i can't get it for the mx-3
bmwm3guy

Post by bmwm3guy »

I dont see how that can be... do you have a link to where you read that?
Maxel380

Post by Maxel380 »

"Why The Bose® Logo Is Important
In some models, our sound systems are an option—which means you won't find one in every car. And since our systems are built right into the car on the assembly line, you can't upgrade to one later."

http://www.bose.com/controller;jsessionid=B9fH8TPv8Yl2lfPnnpThVsv7z4qcbMp5hspLhzn7cMsb8F9hCx2h!-146100007!-1885516663?event=VIEW_STATIC_PAGE_EVENT&url=/automotive/mazda/6.jsp&pageN ame=/automotive/index.jsp
fry_81

Post by fry_81 »

all that they are saying is that the system was specifically designed for the 6, you could put it in any car, just might not sound as good.
1994 5spd GS Parts Car For Sale 800obo. e-mail for details. fry_81@hotmail.com
2fazed
Supporting Member

Post by 2fazed »

My old roommate had a Bose system in his Stratus. He said they will only sell Bose car stuff, if they install it, for the full sound quality. Didn't seem better than my $500 system at the time.
16 Hyundai Elantra Value Edition
06 Mazdaspeed6 2.3T
93 626 ES 2.5
92 Mx-3 RS 1.6
93 Mx-3 GS 2.5
93 Mx-3 RS 1.6
psyense82

Post by psyense82 »

my buddies 6 has bose. my god, he has no subs in it, and u can hear the bass outside the car. its really nice. course my pioneer system is louder.. but, not as crisp
*note i will not be doing the rx7 hatch conversion, id rather get a BP*
jdogsd1

Post by jdogsd1 »

omg i cant beleave what im hearing i think bose is not even close when it comes to qulity in car audio. there is a reason why they dont make after market systems because they could never survive. the only way for them to get in to car audio systems is to put them in stosk and make it almost imposible to upgrade with out paying a lot of money. i agree that a bose system in a car is much better than most sock systems. but if it came down to it i would not get the bose option on a new car. my moms acura 3.2 tl has a bose system in it and it sounds loke crap compaired to mine. im just saying that there is so much better out there than bose. there is a saying at my work "no highs no lows nothig blows like f@cking boes!"
Aaron MacDougall

Post by Aaron MacDougall »

Bose makes alright factory systems but they are nothing to get worked up about...except if you have to replace a speaker. A guy I know blew a stock speaker in his 05 Altima and was quoted 400 for just one speaker.....give me a break.
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

Bose is one of the best names in quality audio.. the reason Bose doesnt make aftermarket systems is simply because Bose tunes every system they make to the specific Accoustic Properties required to give the best sound for any given car application. Their Home systems are without peer and if you had ever been to a demonstration you would understand what I am talking about. Maybe there is better audio on the market.. but it would take something beyond incredible for me to believe its better at reproducing sound than Bose audio components. As far as their stock audio systems in cars, they are decent but keep in mind that these systems were designed to be inexpensive mass produced systems that dont even get installed by Bose audio professionals. In the car audio market you can probably do better unless Bose chooses to custom make a system for a specific vehicle without cost or power limitations.

Tunes67
MX3newbie77
Supporting Member

Post by MX3newbie77 »

The hottest Bose sound system is the in the new "SHINKA" RX-8. 9 speakers and 300 watts. :D A buddy of mine just bought one. Damn inheritances. But hella-nice sound.
VizualXTC

Post by VizualXTC »

Thanks but I'll take MB Quart over Bose for in-car sound.
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
Stock V6 with insane potential
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

--The slow wait until the green light, while the FAST already left when the red went out--

--Sex should be like driving a Honda....slow, obscene, and loud enough for the neighbors to hear--
ImageImage

Return to “Car Stereo/Alarm”