Need Help!!!

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
jpatton34

Need Help!!!

Post by jpatton34 »

Hello all! Ok, I have a 93 MX-3 GS with a 1.8 L V6. When I am taking off just as I am letting the clutch pedal release the car starts to jump and jerk foward. Just like when you release the clutch and you don't give it enough gas, it starts to jump 2 or 3 times and then go. Except it is doing it all the time now. It is getting worse. You have to give it alot of RPM just to take off to the point where it won't jerk and jump forward as much. Even then, it does it. It seems that just as you release the clutch upwards at the end of the release, my engine seems to get bogged down. Doesn't seem to be anything related to gas. The motor runs fine just revving up the RPMs in neutral. I replaced the clutch 3 weeks ago. Any clues? Thanks!
,¸¸,ø¤º~life_skills~º¤ø,¸¸,
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

It sounds like the clutch may not be operating properly. Did you grease the fork, replace the throw-out bearing, make sure the flywheel and clutch fingers were perfectly clean, bleed the clutch line and adjust the pedal? All thee things need to be done for a proper clutch replacement. If not you might try going back and starting the job over, a daunting task I know, but learning how to do it correctly is important. If you did do it correctly, are you sure that you connected all the wiring and hoses back correctly, make sure the intake tube isn't busted or cracked. It kind of sounds like the clutch isn't engaging correctly and skipping across the flywheel, that should have something to do with the bleeding, clutch fork, or throw out bearing. Last, and probaly most unlikely is that you got a bad clutch. I have heard of it happening, but the one time I saw it the clutch completely failed in about 100 miles.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
jpatton34

Post by jpatton34 »

I had a guy I trust do the job. He has been a mechanic for 25 years. I would think he did it correctly. He doesn't get alot of comebacks at his work. I have had alot of 5 speeds before, but never have I had this happen. Of course, I have never had a clutch burn out. My throwout bearing was the reason I replaced the clutch in the first place.
,¸¸,ø¤º~life_skills~º¤ø,¸¸,

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”