revs limited to 2,800 rpm in 1993 MX-3 (4 cyl)

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
Q

Post by Q »

Finally someone else is having the same problem as me (dont mean it in a good way or anything), it cuts out just shy of 3000rpm. I have the BPT swap done and I'm using a 93 rs harness and I've been trying to figure out whats wrong for the past 2 months and no luck. I've changed the TPS and airflow meter and checked my vaccum lines but no luck. Hopefully you guys can figure it out!
Civic driven01

Post by Civic driven01 »

The coil is one thing that hasnt been replaced. I'm going to suggest he try that.
mx3TT
Supporting Member

Post by mx3TT »

Its horrible that this many of us can have this problem and no one can figure it out. Its to bad im giving up!
Chris

MY MX-3 PICTURES
MX-3.com's online store - SUPPORT MX-3.COM
Invisible

Post by Invisible »

Civic driven01 wrote:its a sohc
Seeing as its a sohc your friend has no vics, as for anything else airflow related you would probably see it alot sooner in the rpm band. I would suggest you check his fuel filter, if that checks out then I would move onto plugs, if that still doesen't fix the problem I would suggest the fuel pump. A weak fuel pump or one that can't generate enough pressure can upset the calibration of your fuel system. This may cause the engine to run lean or starve for fuel under load, causing symptoms such as hard starting (hot or cold), poor idle quality, hesitation or stumbling when accelerating and a loss of high-speed power.

I would get him to get his fuel pump checked out sooner rather than later to be honest. The pump can get full of sludge and the wiring harness can aswell.
Invisible
93 GS Tropical Emerald Metallic MTX 1.8L

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”