Just bought a 95' MX-3 Precidia RS

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
Cy

Just bought a 95' MX-3 Precidia RS

Post by Cy »

Hey guys
I've been reading these forums for the last couple of days soaking up the info.. i bought my car at an amazing price for the condition but what i'm wondering know is what i can expect to get out of my 1.6L with a CAI(came on the motor)...it's running close to 115hp now with the little bit of tuning i've done it with the tools i have... i don't want to make this car into a street racer.. i just want a comfortable power:cool factor... keep it outa the ricer category if you catch my drift...no punn intended

Luckily the guy i bought it from is a mechanic aswell and has a garage with his buddy in his back yard.. tuner guys :)

Here's the specs on the car's current condition:

Allow me to say that i paid less then 800 for this car...and really... 500 dollars would get it road-worthy..

Body: Other then a paint job and new bumper skins the body is in immaculate condition.. mostly highway miles and it was garaged before being parkd outside next to a garage in dec 03 until now... also other then surface rust the underbody is almost spotless...although the support members of the front end have surface rust from not being painted or protected...

now the important part :D

Engine: all the belts(alt,water pump, no a/c) were cracked and fell of in the -15c weather when i went to pickup the car.. but despite sitting for a year it turned over under 10 cranks on year old gas with a new battery...There is some mild oxidation on the manifold, the engines dirty, the alternator's seized, and the pulley wheels are kinda rusty. Other then that, the engine is in excellent condition. compression is like 8.8 or 8.9 :1...like new...

Trans linkage is sticky and i'm gonna have the trans rebuilt and whatever needs replacing done...but i don't expect any problems...

Interior: isn't too bad.. the guy i bought it from wasn't a clean freak but did take care of his car.. seats are torn(car's 10yo) but the rear seat is almost brand new anyways..

MODS, THE FUN PART: :D

Bodykit: Fxdesigns bodykit prolly VSX, due to NB's crappy roads, but i like the combat better. I'm thinking a pakfiefer spoiler. and of course a new paint job.

Engine: I would like to get atleast 150-160 HP outa this engine...preferably without a turbo...

The interior probably won't get done this year..besides seats..MOMO anyone
Interior mods: pulling it out and putting 1 seat behind the passenger and a speaker box behind the driver...
Eventually i'm going to paint the interior in a 2 tone and that will depend on the car's exterior color..
if u read all this.. i mentioned replacing the rear seat with a captain's chair and a speaker box behind the driver seat... (Reason: i'm 6'-2" and i'm planning on moving the seat rail mounts back a couple of inches to make more room so i can get in and out of the car easier)..

Anyways.. other the to give u an essay on my car i wanted to ask people for performance parts shopping lists... and if you've got em hp rating's

i'll add pictures all the way along (especially for the interior )
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

Reason: i'm 6'-2" and i'm planning on moving the seat rail mounts back a couple of inches to make more room so i can get in and out of the car easier)
I would like to know (seeing pics as you go would be awesome) how this turns out for you.. have been thinking of doing something similar to my drivers seat as well.. especially if I do the ATX to MTX swap I am considering.. not as much leg room as I like and I am thinking that with a clutch pedal in it as well.. it will be even worse.. so I am curious how this works out for you.

Tunes67

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”