where to get a BPT ?

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
m92_MX3

where to get a BPT ?

Post by m92_MX3 »

well i had a chance at an 87 rx-7 turbo and well i am sorry to say the car was s---.......but now i decided that bpting the mx would be a good thing to do so my question is where do i find a BPT ? or where do i find a tubo for the BP ? and i know you guys are going to say search but i never get what i am looking for so if i get a BPT what else am i going to need to buy
for the her to run for me right, thanks
CTC Racing
92 1.6L
93 323 Tranny, ACT clutch, Exhaust, cold air intake, MSD Blaster 2 coil, MSD 8.5mm super conductor wires NGK V-power platinum plugs,engine dress up,custom interior(almost done), GS front bumper, GS 5 spoke wheels Painted white.
matt_fulghum

Post by matt_fulghum »

my advice... get a BP in there, and get it working (I'm still working on that "getting it working" part myself... say what people want, it's NOT as easy as people say it is. Depends on luck. I don't have any :P) and THEN start thinking about turboing... don't jump for a BPT immediately, it'd be incredibly expensive (probably around 1500 USD or more for all the work and parts you'd need)
m92_MX3

Post by m92_MX3 »

oh damn so i dont feel like getting a car from a junk yard and pulling the motor form there i want to find a crate motor for it know of any place where i can get one ?
CTC Racing
92 1.6L
93 323 Tranny, ACT clutch, Exhaust, cold air intake, MSD Blaster 2 coil, MSD 8.5mm super conductor wires NGK V-power platinum plugs,engine dress up,custom interior(almost done), GS front bumper, GS 5 spoke wheels Painted white.
illicitQ

Post by illicitQ »

you can try your luck at : http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13840 or you can talk to one of the admins on there and they can hook you up with an engine right off the boat.
m92_MX3

Post by m92_MX3 »

sounds good but what about the price for just a BP?
CTC Racing
92 1.6L
matt_fulghum

Post by matt_fulghum »

cheap.

200 to 450 USD.

no really. I got mine for 350, and that was with whatever I needed from the other protege they had on the lot, and a BP MAF with it and stuff.

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”