a trip in a Honda

Off-Topic Discussions
relisys_3200

a trip in a Honda

Post by relisys_3200 »

Well I took a ski trip to Quebec with 5 friends. The vehicle we drove up was my friends 2005 pilot, and I must say that I was very impressed with it. I know alot of people on here are not big fans of Honda's, but I have never really had any experience with one. And after this trip I have more respect for them (SUV's anyways) It supprisingly had very good gas mileage, and a smooth ride at 140kmph at only 2000rmp's. It also had the third row seat which had enough room for an adult, and amazingly comfortable leather seats.....conclusion is that if I were purchasing a family SUV, I would definantly consider a Honda.
thanks for reading
DavidOS

Post by DavidOS »

ok no go test drive some others and then see:)
1994, GS, KLZE, 67mm TB, LightFlywheel, Centreforce Stg 3 Clutch, CAI, KL36 ecu, B&M shortshifter, Solid poly mounts, lightweight Aluminum Cross memeber, 2.5 high flo cat, 2.5 all back, Tanabe Exhaust, optima battery, ZX2 HD tokicos, eibach prokit, black altezzas.....

http://www.modifiedmazda.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.
relisys_3200

Post by relisys_3200 »

well I've drivin what they say is their competition....envoy, explorer, etc., and personally I like it the best, but im sure there is better.... :wink:
93SOHC

Post by 93SOHC »

nice ride or not, I think the pilot is one of the ugliest things ive seen. Except that Scion xB or xA or what ever that cardboard box thing with the clear taillights is :?
93SE-KLDE Theres a big peice of metal inside my other peice of metal now...weird???
relisys_3200

Post by relisys_3200 »

lol, yeah it is ugly, and it is waaaaayy over priced, which will outweigh the nice ride factor.....
JWMX3

Post by JWMX3 »

93SOHC wrote: I think the pilot is one of the ugliest things ive seen. Except that Scion xB or xA or what ever that cardboard box thing with the clear taillights is :?

Sure you arent thinkin of the Honda Element ???
94' Mx3 GS 0-60 in 7.53s [5 spd conversion / Rebuilt 2.5 KL]
Ricksmx3
Supporting Member

Post by Ricksmx3 »

JWMX3 wrote:
93SOHC wrote: I think the pilot is one of the ugliest things ive seen. Except that Scion xB or xA or what ever that cardboard box thing with the clear taillights is :?

Now that freaking thing is super ugly!
2010 MazdaSpeed 3
MarkMoore

Post by MarkMoore »

i think everyone in this thread is just bitter against honda's... the honda pilot is not extremely ugly, it's just a little plain (not unlike a ford explorer or escape or MAZDA tribute)... slap a mazda logo on the same SUV, and these opinions would change completely
1992 GS/RS Mutant Automatic
relisys_3200

Post by relisys_3200 »

dont get me wrong here...it may be a little plain looking to me, but i said at the top that i was extremely pleased with the overall vehicle, especially the engineering that went into it. i've never had previous honda experience so as of right now ive got no bitterness towards honda 8)
MarkMoore

Post by MarkMoore »

relisys_3200 wrote:dont get me wrong here...it may be a little plain looking to me, but i said at the top that i was extremely pleased with the overall vehicle, especially the engineering that went into it. i've never had previous honda experience so as of right now ive got no bitterness towards honda 8)
wasn't talking about your posts, just all of the subsequent posts thereafter
1992 GS/RS Mutant Automatic
93SOHC

Post by 93SOHC »

JWMX3 wrote:

Yup thats the one, but the pilot is fugly as well 8)
93SE-KLDE Theres a big peice of metal inside my other peice of metal now...weird???
mx3TT
Supporting Member

Post by mx3TT »

Dont mean to highjack the thread but since we are on the topic of new hondas, what do you guys think of the new pick up they are coming out with? And doesnt anyone know the specs? I cant see it competing with any of the trucks out now since honda is known for having tq-less engines.
Chris

MY MX-3 PICTURES
MX-3.com's online store - SUPPORT MX-3.COM
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

ya i was about to post about that new "truck" they're gonna be selling to keep up with domestics. I think its pretty ugly, esp with that biggest H ever on grille (h for homo) lol
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
relisys_3200

Post by relisys_3200 »

It may have trouble competing with the domestic market, who trucks all have the options of V8s. Since the Ridgeline only comes with a V6, it competitors are Tacoma, Dakota, Colorado, etc... It may take a couple of years for it to take off, considering Honda i known as a car company, but I'm sure there are some people who will buy it.

specs..
3.5L v6
255HP @ 5750
252TQ @ 4500

Return to “Off-Topic”