Custom intake for 4cyl DOHC

Do you have an MX-3 related item for sale? Post a quick note here.
Ogimoj

Custom intake for 4cyl DOHC

Post by Ogimoj »

I'm selling a custom-made intake system for a 4 cyl. DOHC. Was originally built for a '94, but should be the same for any year. Includes K&N filter and all piping and fittings. Used but in good shape. Filter has been cleaned and re-charged (oiled) and not used since cleaning. Can send pics if requested. Please make an offer.
Coolzombi

Re: Custom intake for 4cyl DOHC

Post by Coolzombi »

i would like to see some pics man!!<BR>verry interested! Image<P>------------------<BR>1996 GS sparkle green (Daniel Ouellet in owner registry)
Friends don't let friends drive stock.
genghis65

Post by genghis65 »

Sounds phat. I take it fits the MAF, vacuum hose and everything right? Anyway, as long as it in good/working order and everything i would be very interested. Hit me back with a rough asking price either on the list or on e-mail at genghis65@hotmail.com<P>Chris<BR>95 Black 1.6 DOHC
Chris <BR>95 Black 1.6 DOHC
Ogimoj

Post by Ogimoj »

Yep, fits the stock MAF, has connections for the hose that goes to the valve cover, and another that is about 1/2 inch diameter - can't remember where that hose goes. It places the K&N in front of the driver side wheel well (below the coolant overflow reservoir) - nothing needs to be re-located, but the reservior needs to be taken off in order to get the filter in or out (two bolts - easy) Gives the engine a nice little growl - nothing loud or obnoxious, though.<p>[This message has been edited by Ogimoj (edited May 08, 2001).]
genghis65

Post by genghis65 »

Sounds good man. Something you left out, any noticeable gains hp wise? Anyway, still very interested. What are you asking? Just give me a rough price and i'll beat you down a bit, ;-).<P> <P>------------------<BR>Chris <BR>95 Black 1.6 DOHC
Chris <BR>95 Black 1.6 DOHC
Ogimoj

Post by Ogimoj »

I don't have any photos from when it was installed, but I uploaded photos of the custom intake to:<BR> <A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/ogimoj/intake/" TARGET=_blank>http://www.geocities.com/ogimoj/intake/</A> <P>Since several people seem to be interested, I guess I'll sell it to the highest bidder. I'd like to get not less than $70 (US Dollars), and I figure it wil cost around $5 for shipping (if it's more I'll take care of the rest), so the bidding starts at $75 (USD). I'll stop bidding on Monday 5/14 at 12:00 noon (per the mx-3.com server's time zone).<BR><p>[This message has been edited by Ogimoj (edited May 09, 2001).]
Ogimoj

Post by Ogimoj »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by genghis65:<BR><B>Sounds good man. Something you left out, any noticeable gains hp wise? Anyway, still very interested. What are you asking? Just give me a rough price and i'll beat you down a bit, ;-).<BR></B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>When my friend built it for me he had this thing that looks like a radar detector that you put on your windshield and it shows you stuff like 0-60 time, horsepower, etc. We did three runs before, and three runs after we installed it, and it averaged out to be like 6 HP more. I don't know how accurate that thing was, but out of the three runs, it was something like 5, 5, and 8 over the average from before the mod. This was all with stock exhaust, though and I never got to do a run after I put my flowmaster exhaust on. From what I understand, you don't really get full advantage of a higher-flow intake until you have a higher-flow exhaust, as well...<P>
Ogimoj

Post by Ogimoj »

Oh, BTW- notice from the pics that it's two pieces. The MAF goes between the two.<P>Bonus: I'll throw in the remaining K&N cleaner and oil free to the highest bidder<p>[This message has been edited by Ogimoj (edited May 09, 2001).]
Ogimoj

Post by Ogimoj »

Okay, looks like everybody lost interest, so first person that will give me $75 for it gets it.

Return to “MX-3 Related Items For Sale/Trade”