RX-7 forums

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
m92_MX3

RX-7 forums

Post by m92_MX3 »

well i posted in general mazda but no one ever looks there so i guess i will try here, i am about to get a 87 RX-7 turbo and would like to know more about what i am getting into so i was wondering if anyone knows of any type of ubb for rx-7's. thanks
CTC Racing
92 1.6L
93 323 Tranny, ACT clutch, Exhaust, cold air intake, MSD Blaster 2 coil, MSD 8.5mm super conductor wires NGK V-power platinum plugs,engine dress up,custom interior(almost done), GS front bumper, GS 5 spoke wheels Painted white.
Gro Harlem

Post by Gro Harlem »

rx7club.com
Noble Green Metallic 93' GS Hybrid, 91' 1.8 323
DONATE TO MX-3.COM
m92_MX3

Post by m92_MX3 »

thanks alot
CTC Racing
92 1.6L
93 323 Tranny, ACT clutch, Exhaust, cold air intake, MSD Blaster 2 coil, MSD 8.5mm super conductor wires NGK V-power platinum plugs,engine dress up,custom interior(almost done), GS front bumper, GS 5 spoke wheels Painted white.
guyaverage

Post by guyaverage »

Be warned..... I had an '87 TII. Impossible to find parts in any of my local junkyards, electrical gremlins everywhere, practically undriveable in winter weather, the most punishing harsh suspension I have ever encountered, and 16 mpg (that is, if you keep it off-boost).

That said, I would buy another in a heartbeat if I could find one. One of the funnest cars I ever owned. If the engine in the one you are looking at has over 75k miles or so, rebuild it before it disassembles itself and ruins every usable part along the way. Most of the cheap replacement JDM engines you can get off eBay are junk inside (according to many who have bought them) so you are better off rebuilding what you have, or having Kevin at rotaryresurrection.com do it for you for practically what it would cost you to do it yourself.

If a harsh ride doesnt bother you, have at it, but I'm not one to believe good handling and having my fat a-- bruised on every pot hole go hand in hand. I replaced the stock T2 springs with those off a base n/a Rx7 (I used the T2 shocks with the std n/a springs), and I dont think I gave up any handling while at the same time making it a MUCH more comfortable car to drive. If the roads are smooth where you live it may not be a big deal but roads around here are about as smooth as the grand canyon, and the T2 suspension got old, quick.
"The answer is: More power. I dont care what the question is."
-Tim Allen
92rsmx-3

Post by 92rsmx-3 »

teamfc3s.org is another good one
95 Eagle Talon Tsi - New Toy
92 Mazda MX-3 RS - probably selling
86 Mazda Rx-7 - motor blew going 145
86 1/2 Toyota Supra - pissed me off sold it
91 Taurus... SHO - died

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”