KL31 ECU Picture

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
DanielGSRX

KL31 ECU Picture

Post by DanielGSRX »

Hello!

Does anybody have a pic from the KL31 ECU upon that i can see the stickers with the numbers? I want to order an ECU from Nipponspares but they need any Number from the ECU. I have no idea which number they need so i want to send them a picture of the ECU that they can search the number yourself.

If anyone have a pic send it to my E-Mail Account (DanielGSRX@aol.com), please.

Thx

Daniel

I hope you can understand my english! :wink:
babyblueMX3
Supporting Member

Post by babyblueMX3 »

no picture needed..It's written in bold capital letter ...the biggest letters on the ecu..you can miss them
RIP 400whp ZE-T MX-3
Current car : Golf 01 GTI 1.8T (15 psi)
DanielGSRX

Post by DanielGSRX »

I know and i tried to explain them that but they want the others numbers unconditional! :cry:
mxmaz

Post by mxmaz »

This is an auction for a kl36, the only difference is the one your looking for will say kl31 instead.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... ename=WDVW
DanielGSRX

Post by DanielGSRX »

I had send them a picture from a KL36 ECU a few days ago and said them that i need the same but with the KL31 Sticker. I had call Nipponspares yesterday and the man on the phone said that he need the numbers from the KL31 ECU! I don't know what he still want more?! :roll:

Now i want to send them a pic from the KL31 ECU and write them that i want THE SAME!!!! It can't be so difficult that they understand what i need! :rant2:
RaverChankoMX3

Post by RaverChankoMX3 »

Yes sir. I have one on my Car Domain page. KL-31 G's, That's how I roll!!

DanielGSRX

Post by DanielGSRX »

Yeah! You're my only hope! :D

THANK YOU!!!
RaverChankoMX3

Post by RaverChankoMX3 »

No prob bro. Deutschland uber alles!! I've been there twice and I was going to do school at Philipps-Universität Marburg but that fell though. Love that country. Anyway, let's see if I remember my German.

Hast du ein schoenes wochenende! Und, sieh mir noch einmal in die Augen baby, bevor du gehst! j/k!! lol
DanielGSRX

Post by DanielGSRX »

Your german sounds not bad! :D

I wish you a nice weekend too.
mmac
Supporting Member

Post by mmac »

On my KL31 ECU

small sticker : '2Y KL31B'

big sticker : 'KL31' (big letters)
'KL36 18 881A' (small letters)
'079700-3751' (really small numbers)

Here's a pic of one on a 323/lantis forum thread :

http://www.club323f.com/club323f/forum/ ... 3&start=75

Hope this is of some help
1994 MX-3 ZE
DanielGSRX

Post by DanielGSRX »

Sure! Thx. I need all infos that i can become. :D Here in Germany it is very difficult to get infos about the KLZE engines. And it's more difficult to become the KLZE or parts for the engine! :cry: In Germany the ZE never came on the market therefore we must order the parts from USA and that is very expensive!

But i was the first who had swap the KLZE (Longneck) in a MX-3 in Germany (December 2001)! :2thumbsup:

btw. What means the A after the KL36 18 811?? I've seen some KL36 ECU where stand upon H or C after the number!?!?
IanL
Supporting Member

Post by IanL »

The A means it is a different model ECU. I think it means it can fit interchangeably with the item without the A.

I expect this means a design improvement.
Re-shaped and re-sized gearshift lever. Best driveability mod you can do!
Extra thick soundproofing in the boot (trunk) to quieten my stainless steel exhaust system :)
mmac
Supporting Member

Post by mmac »

I was told by the parts man at my Mazda dealer that the letter at the end of the K*** 18 811? signified a superceding mod state.

i.e. B came after A, C came after B and so on. So the higher the letter the newer the ECU and the higher the mod state.

I was led to believe that as long as the K*** 18 811 was the same and only the suffix letter changed then they were interchangeable.

Don't take this as gospel, as I say it is only what I was told.
1994 MX-3 ZE
RaverChankoMX3

Post by RaverChankoMX3 »

No, everyone is correct imho. There are a few different models of the KL31 ECU. The discrepncy being the A,B,C...All of them will work of course. I've never seen a dyno that has suggested more/less HP corollary to a specific model ECU. Would be interesting though.
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Re: KL31 ECU Picture

Post by jschrauwen »

[quote="DanielGSRX"]I want to order an ECU from Nipponspares but they need any Number from the ECU. I have no idea which number they need so i want to send them a picture of the ECU that they can search the number yourself.[quote]

I went through similar problems with them also. As soon as you tell them the make and model of your vehicle they get into a mindset and cannot comprehend that you are not looking to replace an original part for your vehicle. It's these type of organizations that work strictly from a database and have difficulty "thinking outside the box". Took me quite a few emails to explain my specific request. It may make it easier to lie about your vehicle and tell them it's XXXXXX, which happens to use the KL31 as original equipment. By the way, it's been 3 weeks since my order was processed and credit card debitted and still no word as to delivery. Even recieved a paper invoice in the mail but still no ECU. Maybe the cargo ship it's coming on is encountering a few icebergs, I know the dogsleds are still on schedule...................................LOL
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”