New ECU for stock 1.6 turbo?

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
freyguy_412

New ECU for stock 1.6 turbo?

Post by freyguy_412 »

Hey, I'm trying to get everything together to plan a turbo conversion on my stock B6. I've seen a couple guys on here who are running this currently and wanted to know if you had to change ECU's to make it work. Unless I need a new one I will probably send mine into Jet and have them flash it to match the turbo and other mods, then wire in a piggy back air/fuel controller to tweak it to my standards (will also have an electronic boost controller). I just wanna make sure I don't need the B6T ECU or anything. Thanks!
It might be slow, but it's not a civic!
93SOHC

Post by 93SOHC »

I was talkin to a guy who was sellin a manifold to turbo the sohc B6 and he said that they were runing a stock 1.8 sohc Ecu outta a protoge (DX model I assume) and it worked great, plug and play. But the only real reason he gave me about using the 1.8 ecu, was to get more fuel. I am fairly sure that your stock ecu will work though, but its something to consider
93SE-KLDE Theres a big peice of metal inside my other peice of metal now...weird???
freyguy_412

Post by freyguy_412 »

Will that work for the DOHC? Sorry, I should have specified that in the first post. I'm probably going to end up with just the AFC but just wanna keep my options open. Thanks for the help!
It might be slow, but it's not a civic!
Shady469
Supporting Member

Post by Shady469 »

no that ECU will not work on the DOHC mx-3. it uses a VAF meter while the DOHC mx-3 uses a MAF.
I wouldnt waste your time sending it to Jet. Whatever fuel map they might give you will need to be tweeked via a piggyback anyway when under various conditions (temp., boost pressure, etc): so why not just use the piggyback to do it all? also its (Jet) pretty much just a generic program that bumps up the timing and so forth which is not what you want in a turbo application. save yourself some money and invest in a wideband o2 sensor...
B6T powered MX-3 - sold
Stage 3ish 03 WRX - sold
03 S2000 - current/ for sale

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”