help my online search for rear strut bar

This forum is for Discussion on Suspension issues.
MarkMoore

help my online search for rear strut bar

Post by MarkMoore »

looking for a rear strut tower bar for my mx, but haven't seen one on ebay in ages... don't feel like paying $79 + shipping to corksport either... when i'm searching online, what other cars' rear strut tower bar will fit the mx? so that instead of typing in "mx-3 rear strut tower bar" i can type in another model to get more results... thanks in advance
1992 GS/RS Mutant Automatic
neutral
Supporting Member

Post by neutral »

protege. Not sure of all the interchangeable model years but it's something like 1991-98. Here's a place that still carries the rear strut brace for $35 USD. Scroll to bottom of the page. http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/perfo ... and=toucan
Image -Jim
DavidOS

Post by DavidOS »

corksport.com

psituning.ca
1994, GS, KLZE, 67mm TB, LightFlywheel, Centreforce Stg 3 Clutch, CAI, KL36 ecu, B&M shortshifter, Solid poly mounts, lightweight Aluminum Cross memeber, 2.5 high flo cat, 2.5 all back, Tanabe Exhaust, optima battery, ZX2 HD tokicos, eibach prokit, black altezzas.....

http://www.modifiedmazda.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

The packaging for 1 of my 2 strut tower braces actually said it was for a Protege. Neutral's probably correct.
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
Gro Harlem

Post by Gro Harlem »

they used to be all over ebay, but i just searched for a bunch of different cars & they don't have any listings for em anymore. Only front bars is what I can find.

I have a rear bar sitting in my basement that i may or may not install. I'm still debating cutting up my trunk panels to fit it in the trunk area.
Noble Green Metallic 93' GS Hybrid, 91' 1.8 323
DONATE TO MX-3.COM
DavidOS

Post by DavidOS »

psituning.ca sells them front and rears.
130 cad for both
1994, GS, KLZE, 67mm TB, LightFlywheel, Centreforce Stg 3 Clutch, CAI, KL36 ecu, B&M shortshifter, Solid poly mounts, lightweight Aluminum Cross memeber, 2.5 high flo cat, 2.5 all back, Tanabe Exhaust, optima battery, ZX2 HD tokicos, eibach prokit, black altezzas.....

http://www.modifiedmazda.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.
Cyn

Post by Cyn »

DavidOS wrote:psituning.ca sells them front and rears.
130 cad for both

Hey Mark, David is right on the price. I actually bought both my bars from PSI tuning and I'm loving them. Shipping shouldn't kill you either. Also, you'll be glad to pay CDN instead of Greenbacks. Hope it helps.
'99 ECLIPSE SPYDER GS-T
'95 Talon TSI ~ FOR SALE
'95 MX3 RS - SOLD
'93 MX3 GS - SOLD
'92 MX3 GS - SOLD
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

Here you go M M - $27.95ea - gotta like that.

http://www.cardomain.com/shoplist~b~Rac ... Strut+Bars
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
MarkMoore

Post by MarkMoore »

jschrauwen wrote:Here you go M M - $27.95ea - gotta like that.

http://www.cardomain.com/shoplist~b~Rac ... Strut+Bars
nice i'll be ordering one of these soon... just hope cutting up the rear panels to make this bad boy fit makes for a relatively easy install... whatever it takes i guess 8)
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

MarkMoore wrote:nice i'll be ordering one of these soon... just hope cutting up the rear panels to make this bad boy fit makes for a relatively easy install... whatever it takes i guess 8)
M M: Don't sweat the rear install. Biggist hassle is taking the speaker grills off to get at the plastic. I believe that you only have to cut about a 1" x 1" piece of plastic that's on the edge of plastic pieces. Quite easy once you've started. Good luck.
MarkMoore

Post by MarkMoore »

that baby's on it's way as we speak!!

oh yea, i also caved and spent $67 on the workshop manual today... but hey, spending $$$ on the mx is fun, even if it is only for a book :roll:
neutral
Supporting Member

Post by neutral »

MarkMoore wrote:...oh yea, i also caved and spent $67 on the workshop manual today... but hey, spending $$$ on the mx is fun, even if it is only for a book :roll:
$67 always sounds like a lot, especially when compared to 10-$20 Chilton's, Haynes or whatevah. But you will save a minimum of 10X that $67 cost and probably will save much more by having that "bible" in hand. :2thumbsup:
Image -Jim
MarkMoore

Post by MarkMoore »

neutral wrote:
MarkMoore wrote:...oh yea, i also caved and spent $67 on the workshop manual today... but hey, spending $$$ on the mx is fun, even if it is only for a book :roll:
$67 always sounds like a lot, especially when compared to 10-$20 Chilton's, Haynes or whatevah. But you will save a minimum of 10X that $67 cost and probably will save much more by having that "bible" in hand. :2thumbsup:
yea, well i'm actually kicking myself here... i spent $20 on an owner's manual on ebay back in June when i got my car, but sure enough the guy never sent my merchandise and probably hightailed it to Costa Rica livin' it up on MY $20 (ebay even said he was no longer a member due to scamming), and then i went out and bought the chilton's manual for probably another $20, and i've used that a couple times, but then i keep on hearing all the people raving about how great the workshop manual is, and about how every one needs one, so i caved on that too... i really wish i woulda just went out and bought the workshop manual from the start!!! oh well, live and learn right?
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

MarkMoore wrote:that baby's on it's way as we speak!!
oh yea, i also caved and spent $67 on the workshop manual today... but hey, spending $$$ on the mx is fun, even if it is only for a book :roll:
M M: Good show on the strut braces and money well spent on the "Bible". Let us know how the strut brace install goes.

Return to “Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires”