Ebay Glow Gauges

This forum is for discussion of topics relating to MX-3 lighting such as Headlights, Tail lights, Accessory Lights, Interior Lights, Etc. For example, Rear Euro Altezza Style Tail lights, Headlight units, LED's, HID's, Bulbs, Interior lights, Neons, Strobes, Auxillary Lights/Fogs or anything filament and gas discharge related.
Also anything dealing with the elctrical system.
TekPmp

Re: Ebay Glow Gauges

Post by TekPmp »

:mad:
Black 94 RS, Erebuni MS style front, OEM sideskirts, Clear signals, altezza tails, 93 seats, Civic projectors
TekPmp

Post by TekPmp »

the switch contacts give a nasty shock as i just found out..... like a frickin stun gun
Black 94 RS, Erebuni MS style front, OEM sideskirts, Clear signals, altezza tails, 93 seats, Civic projectors
Karchiveur

Post by Karchiveur »

LMFAO.. i bet.. hahaha
damn.. can't use html...
DJester187

Post by DJester187 »

just as a precaution sand/shave the back of ur needles (on the fat end of them) my tach sticks all over the place. it only moves freely between .5 and 2.5
Electric Black '93 MX-3 GSR, Curved neck KLZE, KL36 ecu, Outlaw Engineering Thermal Spacers, Custom CAI, Carbon Fiber Invader Style hood, 2.25" straight pipe exhaust, custom muffler, lowered 1.8", and a set of 17" Exel DL-46's. With more to come once I get some $$$....
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

I know this is an old post but...how do isand the back of the needles without breaking the fuel needle? Im installoing mine as soon as they arrive...and where is the dimmer switch..i seem to not have one. its a 92 gs.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
jrors
Supporting Member

HEY>>>

Post by jrors »

You should not have to shave the needles at all. I didn't and they move smoothly, just like they did before I insatlled the Euros. Also, you said you had no dimmer switch..........it should've came with it. Call the place or email the place where you got it from so they can send it to you.
If you fall, then get back up........Luck favors the prepared
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

ok installing them was easy. didnt break any needles....there is only one proble...IF i splice the power inverter into the dimmer ... the dash lights turn off.. if I remove it and reconnect..they come on ..whats going on here? also i noticed major interferience when i turn them on on my passenger side speaker *disconnected speaker to fix problem* Also...where else can I get power from other than the dimmer? also yes the dash lights will work..but as soon as I splice the power it seizes to work.. I place negative o negative and positive to positive. Tried gettting power from the other switches it was a no go. I ended up connecting theb new gauges to the dimmer at the expense of having to heater control and back lighting . any ideas?
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
jrors
Supporting Member

HERE'S WHAT I DID...

Post by jrors »

In the instructions that came with the Euro gauges, it says to connect the power wires to the headlights wires that are underneath the steering column. That is exactly what I did, however, there were a few different types of black and red wires underneath, so, I did the trial and error untill I got the right one. If I recall what I did, I connected the red euro wire to I think, the red thick wire that has a small black stripe on it. I forget, because it has been some time since I did the install. However, I will open the steering colum and take a look at it for you tommorrow and send another message then. Also, I grounded the black euro wire to a screw that is attached to the car frame undrneath the the dash bottom to the left side firewall. It's a medium sized screw....... you can't miss it. I have not had any problems at all and when I turn on the high beams,the euros turn off, but that is because I connected it to the wire I told you above and not the high beam wire that was next to it...I connected it to that highbeam wire at first doing trial and error and the euros would only turn on when I flashed my hi beams. lol. Anyway, you do it the way I did and you will not have any problems.
If you fall, then get back up........Luck favors the prepared
93SOHC

Post by 93SOHC »

I know this sounds kinda half assed, but I had some on my subaru and I just hooked the power wires into the ones coming up for my aftermarket driving/foglights. I always had them on when driving anyway, so thats what I did
93SE-KLDE Theres a big peice of metal inside my other peice of metal now...weird???
ScooterBovine
Supporting Member

Post by ScooterBovine »

When you say "splice", how are you doing this? I used a little white clip thingy that you can get... anywhere, I guess... that basically is a 1 input, 2 output setup. Just slide the single red wire into the input side, and have 1 output go to your dimmer, and the other output go to the inverter do-hicky. I just ran a seperate ground, since I didn't feel like splicing the other wire in the same fashion.

Which makes me think that maybe that is your problem. The black wire (the ground) isn't doing it's job while spliced. Try running a seperate ground wire and see if that fixes your problem.

As for the "noise", that further convinces me that it is a crappy ground. I believe running a seperate ground wire for the inverter should alleviate your problems.

If it doesn't, then... I dunno. :shrug:
No more MX-3.

Return to “Electrical & Lighting”