Rear Bumper Lip

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Rear Bumper Lip

Post by jschrauwen »

I've found this pic of a members '94+ teal green MX with sideskirts, modded front bumper, clear corners, black rear alteeza's. This MX also has what appears to be an add on rear bumper lip attached to the original rear bumper. I don't recall seeing it on other MX's and I can't seem to find it in some of the after-market suppliers (corksport, FX etc). My first impression is that - this looks like an OEM or MS accessory knowing full well that it isn't. But that's the impression that I got, and that's the theme I'd like to try and maintain. It sported Ontario plates, so if anyone is familiar with this MX let me know. I'd be guessing if it was Bugsy007's old MX? I'd like to track down the history and origin of that rear bumper lip. Sorry, no pics - don't have my own web page...........yet.
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
MarkMoore

Post by MarkMoore »

1992 GS/RS Mutant Automatic
Joey's mx

Post by Joey's mx »

The lip comes from pakfeifer!! Go to the aftermarket bodykits section on this site then go into pakfeifer site you will find it!!
Acamori

Post by Acamori »

yeah that's pakfiefer's rear lip, they want like $300 cdn for it i think, it's near the top of the kit page. i've been wanting it to, but not for that much.
1/4 complete system---->carstereo.com
Joey's mx

Post by Joey's mx »

onderground designs sells a whole bumper that looks similarto the lip..the whole bumper is amazing(i have it) The whole bumper is $450 i think and it is well worth it!!!
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

Joey's mx wrote:The lip comes from pakfeifer!! Go to the aftermarket bodykits section on this site then go into pakfeifer site you will find it!!
Thank's Joey
Then I guess it's "Precidian" that I should try to contact to get some info on his rear lip. That is, if the labels are correct for the green MX. Coincidentally, I've also been looking at the front chin spoiler of the other car already. I don't think I've seen Precidian post in here for quite some time. I wonder if he still has the car. Again, many thanks "Big Joey".
PS. Any good deals on the other side of the bridge? For car stuff that is, not cigs and booze.....LOL
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
Gro Harlem

Post by Gro Harlem »

too low for my tastes. I want a really mild rear lip that just hangs off the lower part of the bumper. No one makes on unfortunately, although the erebuni one looks like it might be waht i'm looking for, but I've never seen any GOOD pics of it. the yellow MX3 they have on their website is on stock springs and the pic quality sucks so I can't make a decision based on that.
Noble Green Metallic 93' GS Hybrid, 91' 1.8 323
DONATE TO MX-3.COM
Joey's mx

Post by Joey's mx »

Hey not a problem!! I think you can contact: EZ_4_FUN..his name is Chris, he has something to do with pakfeifer..i think

no there is no deals here in canada...you lucky kids have all the good deals!!!

Good luck, I hope you get that lip..or maybe a whole bumper...Let me know what you are doing......P.M. me when you decide!!
Joey's mx

Post by Joey's mx »

P.S. what chin spoiler are you looking at??
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

Joey's mx wrote:P.S. what chin spoiler are you looking at??
I was originally looking for the owner of the green (Precidian's) MX so I could track down some info on it. During my search of some of the after-market places I saw this chin spoiler that FX has. It was installed on a black MX from someone in Halifax I believe. So I was looking for 2 bits at the same time. Later I found more pics of Precidian's MX (front view) but this time it showed a chin spoiler that "appeared" to look the same as the one on the MX in Halifax. In my mind these 2 add on pieces will look like "add-ons", but I think tasteful add-ons - something that looks like it may have come from the factory and was a factory designed add-on. Something like our original factory chin spoiler (GS model). See where I'm coming from?

GRO - think it's going to be too low? Car is only lowered 1.5" and judging from the pics it will be a bit of a challenge (clearance wise) but then again, it's now a summer car, so the snow and ice thing in winter is no longer an issue.
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

Joey's mx wrote:P.S. what chin spoiler are you looking at??
Half way down the link - Before and after - boOdOg's ride.
http://www.mx-3.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.ph ... 02&start=0

It's Boodog's ride that I was referring to. To me, that has some real nice looking lines to it. Perhaps the colour has something to do with it, but I still like that chin spoiler.
EZ_4_FUN
Supporting Member

Post by EZ_4_FUN »

Joey's mx wrote:Hey not a problem!! I think you can contact: EZ_4_FUN..his name is Chris, he has something to do with pakfeifer..i think

Good luck, I hope you get that lip..or maybe a whole bumper...Let me know what you are doing......P.M. me when you decide!!
Actually, my name is Oscar, but if you want to call me Chris feel free.

Contact me directly if you are interested. It appears that the banner does no justice on this site. not to mention i hook up all mx-3.com members with prices better than retail!

BTW: i am the northamerican distributor for Pakfeifer products.
OSKY
95 MX-3 GS ZE Turbo: MSnS-extra, AEM WB, Blitz boost controller, MSD 6A w/ Blaster2 Coil, ZE disty, Redtops @ 550, Walbro 255, Garrett T3/T04E 60 Trim w/ .63 A/R, 38mm Deltagate Mark II @4psi, FMIC, Apexi BOV, CM Dual friction, 4-6.25 Kickers, 2ch Alpine V12. That's Alll.

http://www.pakfeifertuning.com
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

EZ_4_FUN wrote:
Joey's mx wrote:Hey not a problem!! I think you can contact: EZ_4_FUN..his name is Chris, he has something to do with pakfeifer..i think

Actually, my name is Oscar, but if you want to call me Chris feel free.

Contact me directly if you are interested. It appears that the banner does no justice on this site. not to mention i hook up all mx-3.com members with prices better than retail!

BTW: i am the northamerican distributor for Pakfeifer products.
Thanks Oscar
If I'm not mistaken, I've already emailed you...I think. I'll check again at work. Just confirm that the rear apron on the green MX in the pics above is in fact Pakfeifer Pt# 044TAMX304 (Rear Apron w/ Mesh Grill).
Joey's mx

Post by Joey's mx »

Ok sorry Oscar...i thought your name was chris...my bad!!!

I was originally looking for the owner of the green (Precidian's) MX so I could track down some info on it. During my search of some of the after-market places I saw this chin spoiler that FX has. It was installed on a black MX from someone in Halifax I believe. So I was looking for 2 bits at the same time. Later I found more pics of Precidian's MX (front view) but this time it showed a chin spoiler that "appeared" to look the same as the one on the MX in Halifax. In my mind these 2 add on pieces will look like "add-ons", but I think tasteful add-ons - something that looks like it may have come from the factory and was a factory designed add-on. Something like our original factory chin spoiler (GS model). See where I'm coming from?

Check out TOP MIX in the aftermaket body kit section..go into there site there is a nice lip(stock like) its on a orange mx-3!!! It looks really nice, my buddyhad one on his carbefore looked really good!!!!
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

Mark, Joey, Acamori, Gro and Oscar, thanks guys so very much. Your assistance and insightfull input has been invaluable in sourcing these parts. I just ordered the Combat Chin Spoiler from FX Designs and the Rear Apron from Pakfeifer today. These, together with the OEM sideskirts are going to make an excellent addition to my ride. Never spent this much $$ on cosmetic pieces on any ride I've ever owned, so your help in my decision making was a great asset. Feel like a little kid again, waiting for his new toys. Fingers crossed that the Rear Apron will arrive in a timely fashion so that I can get all the bits painted at the same time. Again, thanks for all of your help.
:froggie_red: :2thumbsup: :froggie_red: :2thumbsup: :froggie_red: :2thumbsup:

Return to “Appearance”