new o2 sensors and still stalling

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
ovendenk
Supporting Member

new o2 sensors and still stalling

Post by ovendenk »

hey guys,

to start, thanks for the help with my previous thread.

for the last 10 days or so my car stalls whenever the rpm's go below 800, ie. whenever it idles after warming up. i pulled the codes and got a code 24 (right bank o2 inversion error). after running the dianostic procedure, i found out that it was a faulty o2 sensor. i've now replaced both o2 sensors and my car is STILL stalling in the same f**king way. there are no more codes that are being displayed. does anyone have any ideas? fuel pump or injectors? ICS? i'm running out of ideas.

it drives beautifully, i just have to make sure that the rpm's don't drop below 1000.

thanks guys,
kevin (aka The Oven)
93 mx-3 GS KL-ZE with KL31 cams and properly chipped ecu
All mods are on my website: http://ca.geocities.com/ovendenk
MX-3.com Worklog: http://www.mx-3.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=48462
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

I don't believe the O2 sensors are even used at idle, so bad O2 sensors shouldn't effect idle.
XxantwawnxX

Post by XxantwawnxX »

Vacum leak maybe?

* * * * * * 92 Mx3 ZET, rear/front swaybars,srd crossmember,HKS SSQV,cold air,ZE with millinia mani and TB and 280cc injectors,INtrax springs with tokiko HP struts, Grounding kit, MotegiTrakLite wheels 17's at 14lbs each, MSnS Running fuel and spark,HEI mod,T3/To4E .60/.63 stage 3 turbine,3rd gen rx7 fuel pump, SSAC Headers/hotpipes ,38 ext tial wastegate, findanza flywheel, SBC TZ clutch/pressureplate,braille11pound battery/ magnum drilled F/R rotors,projectors, CXmotorsports almuminum intercooler.
IanL
Supporting Member

Post by IanL »

Try adjusting the TPS - page F2-150.
Re-shaped and re-sized gearshift lever. Best driveability mod you can do!
Extra thick soundproofing in the boot (trunk) to quieten my stainless steel exhaust system :)
ninjajim4

Post by ninjajim4 »

if the TPS is that lil screw that controls your idle, then i would go with IanL. warm up your car then adjust it so your idel stays around 800
Gro Harlem

Post by Gro Harlem »

doubt its your TPS...

the tps is on the side of the throttlebody, u undo two screws & turn it til the proper voltage is being output.

Might be a vac leak. Did you reset the ECU after replacing the o2's?
Noble Green Metallic 93' GS Hybrid, 91' 1.8 323
DONATE TO MX-3.COM
Mike M

Post by Mike M »

I just had the exact same problem, when warm it would struggle to idle and usually stall. Air leak in the big hose that goes from air box to inlet manifold (was split). Examine the hose carefully for splits.
ovendenk
Supporting Member

Post by ovendenk »

that's funny because i found a a crack in the air intake tubing when i was leaving work today and taped it up in an attempt to solve the problem and ... voila! she now works wonderfully again. i just got home and saw your messages.

and i figured that the o2 sensors wouldn't affect it, but the code appeared at the same time. i guess it was just a wierd coincidence. thanks again guys.
kevin (aka The Oven)
93 mx-3 GS KL-ZE with KL31 cams and properly chipped ecu
All mods are on my website: http://ca.geocities.com/ovendenk
MX-3.com Worklog: http://www.mx-3.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=48462
Gro Harlem

Post by Gro Harlem »

coolant temp sensor? It starts to adjust the fuel when the car is warm but won't affect the way it drives until the car is fully warm.

but once warm, if the CTS is fux0red it can cause the car to run like crap, stall, and sound like a dirt bike. They are 18 bux new from autozone and easy to replace.
Noble Green Metallic 93' GS Hybrid, 91' 1.8 323
DONATE TO MX-3.COM

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”