a simple question about KLZE motor

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Legato626

a simple question about KLZE motor

Post by Legato626 »

If i would get a KLZE would i be able to use the same intake and spark plugs and wires and perty much any moddes for a K8 motor, can the be used on a KLZE or would i need different moddes?
1994 toyota supra single turbo
1994 Mazda MX-3 KL-ZE

If god owned a car... It would be a supra!!!
babyblueMX3
Supporting Member

Post by babyblueMX3 »

yes you can but I would suggest changing them. IIRC the klze uses one range colder in sparkplugs. intake would go but I wouldn't do it because of how restrictive it is and has 180cc injectors instead of 220
RIP 400whp ZE-T MX-3
Current car : Golf 01 GTI 1.8T (15 psi)
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

I believe you're supposed to run a whole different kind of plug for the ZE. I think it was BP plugs? Or was it FS plugs? One of them 4 cylinder Mazda engines. :?
babyblueMX3
Supporting Member

Post by babyblueMX3 »

why would that be ? my ze came with ngk plus one cold range lower than stock ones
RIP 400whp ZE-T MX-3
XxantwawnxX

Post by XxantwawnxX »

i run normal ngk in mine.

* * * * * * 92 Mx3 ZET, rear/front swaybars,srd crossmember,HKS SSQV,cold air,ZE with millinia mani and TB and 280cc injectors,INtrax springs with tokiko HP struts, Grounding kit, MotegiTrakLite wheels 17's at 14lbs each, MSnS Running fuel and spark,HEI mod,T3/To4E .60/.63 stage 3 turbine,3rd gen rx7 fuel pump, SSAC Headers/hotpipes ,38 ext tial wastegate, findanza flywheel, SBC TZ clutch/pressureplate,braille11pound battery/ magnum drilled F/R rotors,projectors, CXmotorsports almuminum intercooler.
papa roached

Post by papa roached »

BKR5E plugs
93 MX-3 GS (collecting parts for Eunos Presso conversion), 94 626 Transmission (4.10 gears), KL31 camed KL-ZE, Millenia intake, Millenia TB, SSAutochrome V2 headers, Magnaflow cat, 2 1/4 in pipe, Top Speed Pro 1 muffler, 9lb Fidanza Flywheel, ACT clutch, Corksport SS clutch line, Corksport SS brake lines, Unorthadox UDP, 255 lph fuel pump, HEI mod, ghetto-charger intake, KL36 ECU, SRD transverse crossmember bushings, SRD shifter extention bushing, SRD crossmember, Corksport bronzoil shifter bushings, Brembo Crossdrilled and Slotted rotors, 15 inch Konig Heliums, ZX-2 S/R struts, Eibach lowering springs, OEM front strut bar, Ebay rear strut bar, BFGoodrich G-Force T/A KDWs

Parts needing installed: turbo kit from BB (if i ever get it), 9.0:1 CR Diamond pistons, 4340 forged H beam rods, C/J-Spec spoiler, Nissan red tops in KL rails
http://www.cardomain.com/id/blazejeremy
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

Here's an excerpt from Probetalk about it:

Probetalk user Sehpiro, used the ZFR6F-11 plug, and heard some kind of ticking noise. When he took the plug out to inspect, the r shaped peice that hanges over the ignitor part was mashed into the plug. Therefore the piston had been hitting the plug, cuz the ZFR6F-11 plug is too long, however i do not see how howlett, is safly running that plug in his KLZE. Strange.
babyblueMX3
Supporting Member

Post by babyblueMX3 »

IIRC the one I am using are BKR7E-11.. but I'm not sure. I still have the old box of the SP in the garage. I'll take a look tonight
RIP 400whp ZE-T MX-3

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”