Wheels turn in neutral?

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
Shady469
Supporting Member

Wheels turn in neutral?

Post by Shady469 »

This may sound like a completely noob question, BUT:
I had the car on jack stands today working on the intake manifold and started it up to check for leaks and such. I put it in neutral and got out to see both wheels turning. Confused i reached in and moved the shifter around making sure it was in fact in neutral (which it was), got out and they were still spinning. it was easy to stop them from spinning with a foot but they were moving at a pretty good clip. Is this normal?
B6T powered MX-3 - sold
Stage 3ish 03 WRX - sold
03 S2000 - current/ for sale
papa roached

Post by papa roached »

yea, normal thing
93 MX-3 GS (collecting parts for Eunos Presso conversion), 94 626 Transmission (4.10 gears), KL31 camed KL-ZE, Millenia intake, Millenia TB, SSAutochrome V2 headers, Magnaflow cat, 2 1/4 in pipe, Top Speed Pro 1 muffler, 9lb Fidanza Flywheel, ACT clutch, Corksport SS clutch line, Corksport SS brake lines, Unorthadox UDP, 255 lph fuel pump, HEI mod, ghetto-charger intake, KL36 ECU, SRD transverse crossmember bushings, SRD shifter extention bushing, SRD crossmember, Corksport bronzoil shifter bushings, Brembo Crossdrilled and Slotted rotors, 15 inch Konig Heliums, ZX-2 S/R struts, Eibach lowering springs, OEM front strut bar, Ebay rear strut bar, BFGoodrich G-Force T/A KDWs

Parts needing installed: turbo kit from BB (if i ever get it), 9.0:1 CR Diamond pistons, 4340 forged H beam rods, C/J-Spec spoiler, Nissan red tops in KL rails
http://www.cardomain.com/id/blazejeremy
Yoda

Post by Yoda »

Sounds like you need to adjust the clutch. It is grabbing just enough to send some power through the tranny.
ryanlindenberg

Post by ryanlindenberg »

the clutch is supposed to grab when you lift your foot off it...

my wheels don't spin when mine is in neutral though...
CARDOMAIN WITH UPDATED PICS
"There are 2 kinds of pedestrians, the quick and the dead."

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”