tranny question

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
CarMan1

tranny question

Post by CarMan1 »

atm theres this loud sound comming from the passenger side of my tranny.. shaft that goes into it sometimes locks up then unlocks... does this mean i need a new transmission or do i just need to take it in for it to be aligned?
Typhoonk

Post by Typhoonk »

the passenger wheel locks up when driving?!>!>>>!>?@?@?@?@??? Dang!!! I'd get that looked at, hopefully it's just not seated right
-------------------------------------------------------
Got to sell one of my cars to cover the bills
2002 Mazda Protege 5 - Manual, Blue colour fully loaded
PM for info
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

could also be abearing thats seizing? you never know. On a past car i had i was dricing and it started locking up.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
CarMan1

Post by CarMan1 »

it sounds like the sound is comming from inside the tranny, with just the clutch moving the wheels because the car is in the air, a sound that sounds like something is catching for a milisecond then releasing again, which is very wierd... i changed the cv joints so i know its not that, guess ill take it to a friends tranny shop and have it checked out

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”