Racing chips???

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Juans_93_MX3

Racing chips???

Post by Juans_93_MX3 »

I dont know much about racing chips except that they make it so that you can go higher than the 150mph limit, they get rid of that "lag" once you step on the gas and that they show your engine some "tricks" on burning fuel.

Are there any racing chips out there for the MX3?
2008 Mazda 3
1993 MX3 GS
KLZE, Fidanza flywheel, KL31 CAMs, South Bend Stage I Clutch, Pacesetter STS, SS AutoChromes, Magnaflow muffler, 2.25' Exhaust, CAI, Blaster Coil HEI, KLDE Valvetrain, 5 Speed Swap
papa roached

Post by papa roached »

umm, our cars cant do 150 MPH
93 MX-3 GS (collecting parts for Eunos Presso conversion), 94 626 Transmission (4.10 gears), KL31 camed KL-ZE, Millenia intake, Millenia TB, SSAutochrome V2 headers, Magnaflow cat, 2 1/4 in pipe, Top Speed Pro 1 muffler, 9lb Fidanza Flywheel, ACT clutch, Corksport SS clutch line, Corksport SS brake lines, Unorthadox UDP, 255 lph fuel pump, HEI mod, ghetto-charger intake, KL36 ECU, SRD transverse crossmember bushings, SRD shifter extention bushing, SRD crossmember, Corksport bronzoil shifter bushings, Brembo Crossdrilled and Slotted rotors, 15 inch Konig Heliums, ZX-2 S/R struts, Eibach lowering springs, OEM front strut bar, Ebay rear strut bar, BFGoodrich G-Force T/A KDWs

Parts needing installed: turbo kit from BB (if i ever get it), 9.0:1 CR Diamond pistons, 4340 forged H beam rods, C/J-Spec spoiler, Nissan red tops in KL rails
http://www.cardomain.com/id/blazejeremy
Juans_93_MX3

Post by Juans_93_MX3 »

papa roached wrote:umm, our cars cant do 150 MPH
I was getting that from some other car.
2008 Mazda 3
1993 MX3 GS
KLZE, Fidanza flywheel, KL31 CAMs, South Bend Stage I Clutch, Pacesetter STS, SS AutoChromes, Magnaflow muffler, 2.25' Exhaust, CAI, Blaster Coil HEI, KLDE Valvetrain, 5 Speed Swap
papa roached

Post by papa roached »

there are no drop in chips that make our cars run better or faster
93 MX-3 GS (collecting parts for Eunos Presso conversion), 94 626 Transmission (4.10 gears), KL31 camed KL-ZE, Millenia intake, Millenia TB, SSAutochrome V2 headers, Magnaflow cat, 2 1/4 in pipe, Top Speed Pro 1 muffler, 9lb Fidanza Flywheel, ACT clutch, Corksport SS clutch line, Corksport SS brake lines, Unorthadox UDP, 255 lph fuel pump, HEI mod, ghetto-charger intake, KL36 ECU, SRD transverse crossmember bushings, SRD shifter extention bushing, SRD crossmember, Corksport bronzoil shifter bushings, Brembo Crossdrilled and Slotted rotors, 15 inch Konig Heliums, ZX-2 S/R struts, Eibach lowering springs, OEM front strut bar, Ebay rear strut bar, BFGoodrich G-Force T/A KDWs

Parts needing installed: turbo kit from BB (if i ever get it), 9.0:1 CR Diamond pistons, 4340 forged H beam rods, C/J-Spec spoiler, Nissan red tops in KL rails
http://www.cardomain.com/id/blazejeremy
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

are those ones you eat while racing? Lays' new brand of chips "racing chips" :P
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
Invisible

Post by Invisible »

Those things are bogus, they claim to do alot of things, like add 20 hp.
Your car will accelerate faster and have a higher top end speed. This is a great mod for any car, and will definitely increase your HP up to 20 hp. Your 1/4 mile times will decrease a few tenths of a second or more and your 1/4 mile MPH will improve as well.

This mod is very easy to install anyone could do it. This mod is also just as easy to remove in 5 minutes or less and replace it if you want at a later time.
From : http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... ename=WDVW

Most of them claim to regulate fuel/oxygen levels, waste of $$'s if you ask me. Go invest in a cold air intake and an exhaust, believe me, those will give you more horsepower than these miracle chips.

Invis
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

Those resistors cost around 49 cents at radioshack..waste of money.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
Invisible

Post by Invisible »

hgallegos915 wrote:Those resistors cost around 49 cents at radioshack..waste of money.
can you say.... group buy :2thumbsup:
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

LOL well not really..they are available everywhere at any electronics shop or store, someone just has to tell us which colors it is. They do sell for less than a dollar. You can also remove one from a broken down tv, radio, computer...ect they are everywhere. Check the sellers feedback on ebay that tells it all..waste of money. it just causes youre car to run rich (thinks its sucking cold air. It really kills has mileage and smokes black.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
fry_81

Post by fry_81 »

why pay money to lose power?
1994 5spd GS Parts Car For Sale 800obo. e-mail for details. fry_81@hotmail.com
DJsMX-3

Post by DJsMX-3 »

If youre talking about real chips and not the fake ebaystuff, theres a company called superchips who makes them for the MX "not sure if you have them over there"

Theres atleast one other brand but i cant remember the name..

They DO work but theyre meant for use after you have upgraded everything else you want to upgrade engine performance wice

Then the car needs to get on a testbench and the chip is tweaked to get the most out of your car, it gives a little Hp and allso a little Torque but nothing huge unless your MX is turboed then theres a lot to gain..

The real gain you get in a fast rewing engine with much less throttle hesitation and smoother running through the powerband, but like all things theyre not better that the guy programming them at the testbench :wink:

Oh yeah and fuel econemy..
1992 MX-3 V6 Z1 Arbet VIII 17 x 8" -35mm Proracing Springs on KYB Sports, Corksport Strutbars, Brembo Cross Drilled & Slotted, Goodridge SS Brakelines, Corksport SS Clutchline, Mazdaspeed Enginemounts & Front arm bushings, All SRD bushings in shifterlinkage and cross member, Pacesetter Shortshifter, KN Conefilter, Custom SS Exhaust, Stereo Oldschool Goodies Denon & Phoenix Gold, Boston Pro & Cerwin Vega and lots of other small goodies
93SOHC

Post by 93SOHC »

I believe that superchips needs your ecu to do it. I'm not sure if they actually put a chip in or just reprogram a bunch of stuff. Correct me if i'm wrong
93SE-KLDE Theres a big peice of metal inside my other peice of metal now...weird???
TsiMiata

Post by TsiMiata »

Even the superchips chips are a scam. There are no huge gains to be had on 99% of cars with a chip. End of story.
93 MX-3 GS- ZE, KL31 ECU, Fidanza Flywheel, CM Stage 2-R clutch, Hotshot Headers

99 Subaru Impreza RS, the new toy

91 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD *RIP*
nope-mx3

Post by nope-mx3 »

Superchips are not a scam. They deliver exactly what they say, and that`s about 8hp and some increase in torque.

I`ve driven other cars that has been "chipped", and they got a lot more driveability. Didnt have to change gears as often etc.

You also got something called Unichip by Dastek.
I`m considering this, as they install it and tune it on a dyno, to get it properly setup. This is actually a piggyback and not a chip per se. This should give some better results, especially if you have done some stuff to the engine.

nope-mx3
:: 2001 Mazda Mx-5 Sport // 2013 Volvo V40 D2 Momentum ::
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

I know theres chips for turbo diesel trucks that increase tq
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”