PICS OF PAINTED HEADLIGHTS(tell me what you think)

This forum is for discussion of topics relating to MX-3 lighting such as Headlights, Tail lights, Accessory Lights, Interior Lights, Etc. For example, Rear Euro Altezza Style Tail lights, Headlight units, LED's, HID's, Bulbs, Interior lights, Neons, Strobes, Auxillary Lights/Fogs or anything filament and gas discharge related.
Also anything dealing with the elctrical system.
RuRodPR

PICS OF PAINTED HEADLIGHTS(tell me what you think)

Post by RuRodPR »

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/771335

I just painted them tell me what all of yous think :D
BORICUA, LO SABIA
93SOHC

Post by 93SOHC »

looks good, but doesn't it effect your light beam?>
93SE-KLDE Theres a big peice of metal inside my other peice of metal now...weird???
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

looks good but you might get ticketed for that, not sure about in your area but in mine you probably would anyways
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
fry_81

Post by fry_81 »

have fun driving at night lol.
1994 5spd GS Parts Car For Sale 800obo. e-mail for details. fry_81@hotmail.com
RuRodPR

Post by RuRodPR »

It doesnt effect my light output significantly. The first base coat was chrome for that the light would reflect off the rest of the inside of the lights and come out of the wholes. I just adjusted the aiming of the lights and bought some ultra lightbulbs. At night they look bad a##. Ive drive infront of cops all day and Im yet to be bothered. :D
BORICUA, LO SABIA
Jeff K

Post by Jeff K »

its probly because your infront of them if u were behind them they could see your head lights lol. any one elss catch that
Dominicanchu_Nmbr1

Post by Dominicanchu_Nmbr1 »

i painted my tails like that. i thought about doing the heads that way too, but they're foggy enough as it is. i hate our stockies.
-=[Irving A.]=-
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

vinyl works better.. cause it will come off :)
MX-3 Money
Supporting Member

Post by MX-3 Money »

Don't understand why people think that looks cool, I think the smoked out light covers would have looked better on a black car.
1993 MX-3 GS 5 spd, KL-ZE swap, kl31 ecu, 110 amp alternator, Unorthodox Underdrive Pulley, SSautocrome headers, High flow cat, Pacesetter high flow cat-back, B&M shortshifter, Clear Sigs/Sides.
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

OMG, our MX's have the crappiest light pattern, poorest choice in bulb selection and to compound all of that you want to blank out portions of the lense?????
A couple of things. Ultra light bulbs???what the heck is that? If by that you mean you installeed some very high wattage bulbs - I hope you have a fire extinguisher in your car. Higher wattage bulbs may produce a "little" more light but at the expense of excessively hotter temps inside the light unit. It also may draw excessive amounts of current that the existing wiring may not be able to keep up with (starting to get even hotter) and guess what...why don't we put a highly reflective chrome paint on as a base thinking that I can make light bounce in my favour and go exactly where I want it to - outside those pretty little holes I made for them. Oh ya almost forgot, I think I just about double the heat value again inside the light unit by putting on that reflective material so that it could reflect back in (hitting meltdown now - extinguishers at the ready). On second thought, better get 2 fire extinguishers. And all of this in the name of "BLING"???? It must be OK though because Ruben drives in front of the police all day and they haven't done anything yet??? So it's OK til you get caught or something????
I applaud your extenuous efforts to mod your ride and perhaps improve your lighting, but in essence you have done just the opposite. I pray that A) you don't get into an accident at night because you pooched your max illumination capabilities, or B) that your ride doesn't catch fire or that you don't hurt yourself or others in your ambitious attempts in modding. Thank God the changes you made are reversable without too much work or expense.
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
Andrew_Pakula

Post by Andrew_Pakula »

You should have bought the Clear GTS covers and just painted them, thats what most people have done in the past with similar designs.
MX3-Freak

Post by MX3-Freak »

Sorry, doesn't look good. To rice. Need projectors....not paint.
Stock 1995 RS - Creek Blue
Car Meanins:
Honda: Hang On, Not Done Accelerating
FORD: Frequently Overhauled, Rarely Driven
Mazda: Must Always Zoom Down Asphalt
Taras

Post by Taras »

Calm down John, Darwin will fix him.........
Taras
'92 GS Gray ZE
'05 Gixxer 750
MxWest VP
www.mx-west.com
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

Taras wrote:Calm down John, Darwin will fix him.........
Johnny takes a deep deep breath....awwwww, that's better, for a second there I thought I saw someone paint cute circles around their headlights....thanks goodness I was only dreaming...whewwwww!!
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
Taras

Post by Taras »

Not for long, dark rainy nights will hopefully open someone's eyes of what may await them before it happens. I have hard time seeing with my lights sometimes, can't imagine driving with a pair of flashlights.
Taras
'92 GS Gray ZE
'05 Gixxer 750
MxWest VP
www.mx-west.com

Return to “Electrical & Lighting”