Aftermarket front bumper for sale

Do you have an MX-3 related item for sale? Post a quick note here.
quicksliver

Aftermarket front bumper for sale

Post by quicksliver »

$350.00cdn firm (pick-up only)
- Made by Vital Grounds. Only 4 molds were made. Why only 4? The mx-3.com community is just too cheap and didn't give these guys any credit/respect at all (at least that's what the owner told me). So they stopped production within days.

Ps. Bumper is located in Barrie, Ontario. 45min north of Toronto.

Teal_93

Post by Teal_93 »

Were they asking too much for the bumper?

That's a nice looking bumper, how long ago were they selling these?

I've never heard of the company? Need advertising so everyone knows about them. Can't buy one if we've never heard of the company.
Flashpoint2

Post by Flashpoint2 »

Ah... 4 whole molds and they didin't get any respect?? How could that be? Hmm.. maybe it's cause NO-ONE'S EVER HEARD OF THEM! :)

Anyone know how much they were originally asking for that bumper?

Boy... I put rims on my car.. how come I'm not on the cover of Import Tuner??? lol
1996 MX-3 RS - Sold.
2004 RX-8 GS - Yay!
quicksliver

Post by quicksliver »

Deleted. Simple misunderstanding (sp?).
Last edited by quicksliver on January 23rd, 2005, 7:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Flashpoint2

Post by Flashpoint2 »

Lol NO it's not directed at you, it's directed at Vital Grounds. I'm 26 BTW.
It just seems silly to me that they said they didn't get "any respect/credit" from the MX-3.com community. We're not the only people with MX-3s. AND the rims comment was actually directed at me. My point was that it takes a bit more than 4 bumper molds to get "respect/credit". What business in their right mind expects kudos after *4 days* of production?
1996 MX-3 RS - Sold.
2004 RX-8 GS - Yay!
quicksliver

Post by quicksliver »

hehe good point. However, did you see the threads back in the summer of 2003 when everyone was trash talking them? There was no reason for that.

I was going to put the above bumper on my car. But once i realized that it's going to be a very stupid idea to drop 2-3-4 thousand into body modification on a car that has 230,000km's and climbing...i scraped the idea.
Last edited by quicksliver on January 23rd, 2005, 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
n_o_s_21

Post by n_o_s_21 »

I have 1. I know of MANY MANY people that want one. you should start producing them by making a mold of that bumper before you sell it.

BTW:I heard that vital grounds never helped out the customer after a sale. Just stopped returning emails and such. must say, mine isn't the best quality mold i've seen too, and fitting the kit was a b----. but damn it sure looks cool.

Flashpoint2

Post by Flashpoint2 »

Actually, no I didn't see those threads. :) And I like the look of your car, QS. I'm pretty big on the whole "understated" look. I'd rather a sleeper any day.
1996 MX-3 RS - Sold.
2004 RX-8 GS - Yay!
quicksliver

Post by quicksliver »

n_o_s_21 wrote:I have 1. I know of MANY MANY people that want one. you should start producing them by making a mold of that bumper before you sell it.

BTW:I heard that vital grounds never helped out the customer after a sale. Just stopped returning emails and such. must say, mine isn't the best quality mold i've seen too, and fitting the kit was a b----. but damn it sure looks cool.

What's the deal with those little cords you go on the front of the bumper? Are they required?
Flashpoint2

Post by Flashpoint2 »

You know, as I look through this thread, I see that everyonein the thread is currently online. :) Too bad there isnt some sort of chat function.

EDIT: nevermind. Apparently there is :D
1996 MX-3 RS - Sold.
2004 RX-8 GS - Yay!
krishna

Whatever

Post by krishna »

Is that the VSX body kid? ive got a buddy who will give me that whole kit for 500! woo!
i hope thats what it is cause it looks sweet
92' BP
Charles-
Chasing_Size

Post by Chasing_Size »

the little cords are the stock small turn signals.... i have them on mine, tucked away
n_o_s_21

Post by n_o_s_21 »

yeah, as u can tell, this was the day that I fitted. The signal lights and parking lights are no longer used as there is nowhere to put them. Now I have custom LED markers and signal lights. Will take a pic or 2. now all I gotta do is get a door and then it can be painted. woo hoo.
I was going to put the above bumper on my car. But once i realized that it's going to be a very stupid idea to drop 2-3-4 thousand into body modification on a car that has 230,000km's and climbing...i scraped the idea.

mines got 273,000 and climbing. original motor and trans, but basically everything else has been changed. so after the drivetrain is done, it will be like new again
Bling Bling

your kit

Post by Bling Bling »

N_O_S_21, I love the body kit. I'm in the process of ordering mine since I hit a deer last week. I've decided to go with the drift kit form California ( Beautiful! )
Stacy Whitrick
MX-West Calgary
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/1335558 UPDATED June 6,07
94 GS, Green Envy Pearl QUESTION: Does my car fit the RICE category?
Acamori

Post by Acamori »

yeah, it's a really nice looking bumper. i had no idea it existed. i wouldn't be surprised if there were quite a few people interested in it. it'd probably be my second choice after the ms that i have now. if i ever get a second mx-3 i'd really consider getting that bumper. as for all the trash talking, i wasn't around here then since i hadn't heard of an mx-3 let alone have one in 2003. if someone were to start making those again, they'd probably sell.
1/4 complete system---->carstereo.com

Return to “MX-3 Related Items For Sale/Trade”