swap or give up situation!!

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
RuRodPR

swap or give up situation!!

Post by RuRodPR »

I have a 94' mx-3 4 cyl. dohc with some mods. My engine is really leaking from every where and is smoking, etc. Im really tired of spending money on something that keeps on breaking. I just really want to know what are my swap options, how much hp they will give me and the difficulties. Which would be the best hp/difficulty swap? I would appreciate much info and help.
BORICUA, LO SABIA
RuRodPR

Post by RuRodPR »

Im really thinking about putting a b6t in it. I just need the info on the swap
and where i can find the cheapest one with the best mile on it. I also need to know if my transmission will fit, but I guess a how to on it would work. I really need help on this. :shock:
BORICUA, LO SABIA
mx3racer

LOOK

Post by mx3racer »

there is mad info in here about that swap just take a bit of time and look for it and you will find everything you'll need to know. so boricua de donde? yo soy de trujillo alto pero me crie en New Jersey y vivo en florida ahora.
RuRodPR

Post by RuRodPR »

Soy de San German, se supone que yo regrese en Junio :D
BORICUA, LO SABIA
Ruben MX-3

Post by Ruben MX-3 »

u gotta tuff it out buddy mine was the same s--- as urs.. leaking everywhere puffing the blues... just put a bp 2 gen in there man... later
Jteezy

Post by Jteezy »

que pasa, do the bp swap. Dont get the 2nd gen, that would be pointless, get it out of a first gen protege lx if you want performance. The swap is awesome and the motor is beefy and can handle tons of boost if you ever want to turbo. I've done the swap a few times, and its not too hard at all, but an extra set of hands always helps. I've had my bp for like 2 months and i'll tell you first hand, it is worth it. Its peppy and i've surprised ALOT of swapped hondas. Give it some thought before you do anything though. Peace
Ruben MX-3

Post by Ruben MX-3 »

jteezy u think the first gen is better then the second gen? if yes then why?
Jteezy

Post by Jteezy »

Its alot better man. I really dont know the specs on the 2nd gen bp, but the 1st gen bp out performs the 2nd gen by FARRR. The 1st gen bp is basically built for turbo. Forged cranks, oil squirters, good flowing head, it is beefy and built. I'm turboing mine soon and i have no problem running high boost on it because of the way the motor is engineered. Hell, my friend runs 15 pounds of boost daily driving on his bp, and thats being generous. Try that on a second gen and see if your piston doesnt fly through your block. The 2nd gen bp swap is not common either, never heard of it done, its not really a performance or even a motor with potential. Maybe you got the wrong motor or something?? But yea man, thats my 2 cents. If your talkin about a miata bp then good luck tricking the computer into finding that internal coil. Peace
93SOHC

Post by 93SOHC »

hey, a bunch of people from florida who know about swapping motors.. I know who i'm callin' for help when I move to tampa this summer...lol
93SE-KLDE Theres a big peice of metal inside my other peice of metal now...weird???
OsoSlo z28

Post by OsoSlo z28 »

florida people are stupid
Fast imports only come on two wheels.
"MR." Ashley Fowler
'02 Yamaha Warrior (1700cc)
'94 MX-3 RS-t (BPT)~ sold
cardomain pics
93SOHC

Post by 93SOHC »

lol, but I bet you guys still know more about BP swappin than me :D
93SE-KLDE Theres a big peice of metal inside my other peice of metal now...weird???
Ruben MX-3

Post by Ruben MX-3 »

hey ososlo what do you have to say about this?
RuRodPR

Post by RuRodPR »

Im gonna check in to the specs on both motors. When doing the first gen protege bp swap is it all that hard? What are the major difficulties?
BORICUA, LO SABIA
OsoSlo z28

Post by OsoSlo z28 »

ALLSPEED GiNO wrote:hey ososlo what do you have to say about this?
about what?
RuRodPR wrote:Im gonna check in to the specs on both motors. When doing the first gen protege bp swap is it all that hard? What are the major difficulties?
the swap is pretty simple.
Fast imports only come on two wheels.
"MR." Ashley Fowler
'02 Yamaha Warrior (1700cc)
'94 MX-3 RS-t (BPT)~ sold
cardomain pics

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”