Clutch Problem... maybe? Please Help

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
jpatton34

Clutch Problem... maybe? Please Help

Post by jpatton34 »

I have a 93 GS model with a V6. My problem is, when I push in the clutch, I hear a loud screaching high-pitched noise. Then my motor shakes and stalls. Hard to shift as well. However when the car is in neutral and the clutch is not engaged, the car runs fine. Does anyone know if maybe my clutch is out? (metal to metal?) I've never had a clutch go out, so I am not sure what to expect. Any help would be great. Thanks!!
,¸¸,ø¤º~life_skills~º¤ø,¸¸,
relisys_3200

Post by relisys_3200 »

yup....time for a new clutch
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

ya man time for a new clutch, the clutch is worn and is hitting the flywheel, or your throwout bearing is gone. If you arent gonna do a engine swap soon I would reccomend the probe gt clutch, its a larger diameter clutch and also costs less. Make sure you get your flywheel machined as well.
jpatton34

Post by jpatton34 »

Thanks for your help! Will a bigger clutch make my pedal feel softer ,harder or no different? Thanks again!!
,¸¸,ø¤º~life_skills~º¤ø,¸¸,
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

how does your clutch feel now? at first it will be soft till its worked in, then it will get abit harder, but smooth all the way down. VERY IMPORTANT that you do not rape your clutch for the "break in period" about 500 miles or 750km. The easier you are on your clutch int he period the longer it will last you in the end!

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”