Lost Gear

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
mazdaownz

Lost Gear

Post by mazdaownz »

Hey, about two months ago i was having problems with my clutch, for example it wouldn't go into gear as easy and finally the clutch went limp, i found out that it was the clutch fluid hose that broke and it was easily replaced, but after I replaced the hose the fifth gear just seemed to vanish, it's as if there is nothing there anymore. At the time I didn't mind it because I never really used the freeway but now i am working at a different location and i really need 5th so i don't waste gas(I would also like to test my top speed :shock: )

Does any one know what the problem might be, and if so how can i fix it, any help will be much appreciated.
92' MX3 GS teal, mazdaspeed air intake, 15' Konig rims...soon to put about 6k into entire car, engine and exterior.
Ricksmx3
Supporting Member

Post by Ricksmx3 »

Your top speed is going to be around 125mph so now you dont have to go out and risk your life to find out.
2010 MazdaSpeed 3
mazdaownz

Post by mazdaownz »

Haha, that is not the point, the main thing i want to do is fix the problem so i don't keep burning gas in fourth gear, that also can't be good on my poor engine.
92' MX3 GS teal, mazdaspeed air intake, 15' Konig rims...soon to put about 6k into entire car, engine and exterior.
MX3parkerGS

Post by MX3parkerGS »

no clue, but my friends 93 pgt once lost 3rd gear, we had no clue either, so he went about a month or two w/o it then outta nowhere 3rd gear was back! ever since then i thought he car was cursed or somthing :p
'94 White MX-3 GS. Engine bay empty and waiting for the 2.5DE.

Completly stock, at this time.

Parker
TsiMiata

Post by TsiMiata »

You probably bent the shift fork for 5th gear when the clutch went. If you ere forcing it into gears all the time as the clutch went away over time. If it's grinding then it might be synchros. How does the shifter feel- sloppy or tight?
93 MX-3 GS- ZE, KL31 ECU, Fidanza Flywheel, CM Stage 2-R clutch, Hotshot Headers

99 Subaru Impreza RS, the new toy

91 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD *RIP*
mazdaownz

Post by mazdaownz »

Well i never tried to put it into 5th gear when the clutch went, but when i try to put it in it feels as if the gear is there but it just won't go in.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”