gotta hate rust

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
Mastro15

gotta hate rust

Post by Mastro15 »

just wanted to know the best way to remove rust and tips on how to do it.
Invisible

Post by Invisible »

rust holes or a whole rusted area? Brass works great in holes, is a permanent fix aswell, just get a small rod of brass and use a gas torch and fill in the holes. Hopefully you know how to use a gas torch? :D

Invis
mx3TT
Supporting Member

Post by mx3TT »

If it is surface rust you can sand down and go from there. If it is all the way thru then cut out the area and weld in a replacement piece of metal. I say this becuase rust can be inside the metal even though you dont see it. and if you just get rid of the rust, clean it up and try to fill it, it will come back later down the line.
Chris

MY MX-3 PICTURES
MX-3.com's online store - SUPPORT MX-3.COM
n_o_s_21

Post by n_o_s_21 »

Sandblasting works best on rust. Ask any good restoration bodyman and they will tell u the same.
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

hmmm I would cut out the rusted panel and fiber glass it. It all depends on where it is. Some body filler works too but also depends on where it is.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!

Return to “Appearance”