BP INTAKE MANIFOLD

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
obidun-ms-bp

BP INTAKE MANIFOLD

Post by obidun-ms-bp »

i WAS JUST WONDERING IF ANYONE CAN CONFIRM THE RUMOR I HEAR THAT IF YOU REPLACEW THE TOP HALF OF THE BP INTAKE MANIFOLD WITH A NON VICS MANIFOLD YOU WILL SEE TORQUE AND HP GAINS.
i ALSO WANTED TO SEE IF ANYONE HAS EVER THOUGHT ABOUT ABOUT PUTTING A B6 HEAD ON A BP BLOCK SORTA LIKE THE HONDA BOYS DO? WOULD THAT RAISE COMPRESSION? IS THAT EVEN POSSIBLE ?

BY THE WAY THERES A JSPEC BP ON EBAY FOR $375 USD.SAME CO I BOUGHT MINE FROM .ENGINE I RCVD WAS BRAND SPANKING NEW WHEN I TOOK IT APART.SOMEONE JUMP ON IT, IMO THEY ARE BIT MORE PEPPIER THAN US BP'S
Obi-Dun the force is strong
Franko
Supporting Member

Post by Franko »

How come you type with caps lock on?
93 MX3, BP, Haltech E6X, Bully Six Puck Clutch, Pauter Rods, Wiseco Pistons, Port and Polish, Turbonetics T3/T4 Ball Bearing turbo and a partridge in a pear tree.
papa roached

Post by papa roached »

stop yelling :P
93 MX-3 GS (collecting parts for Eunos Presso conversion), 94 626 Transmission (4.10 gears), KL31 camed KL-ZE, Millenia intake, Millenia TB, SSAutochrome V2 headers, Magnaflow cat, 2 1/4 in pipe, Top Speed Pro 1 muffler, 9lb Fidanza Flywheel, ACT clutch, Corksport SS clutch line, Corksport SS brake lines, Unorthadox UDP, 255 lph fuel pump, HEI mod, ghetto-charger intake, KL36 ECU, SRD transverse crossmember bushings, SRD shifter extention bushing, SRD crossmember, Corksport bronzoil shifter bushings, Brembo Crossdrilled and Slotted rotors, 15 inch Konig Heliums, ZX-2 S/R struts, Eibach lowering springs, OEM front strut bar, Ebay rear strut bar, BFGoodrich G-Force T/A KDWs

Parts needing installed: turbo kit from BB (if i ever get it), 9.0:1 CR Diamond pistons, 4340 forged H beam rods, C/J-Spec spoiler, Nissan red tops in KL rails
http://www.cardomain.com/id/blazejeremy
BuGS

Post by BuGS »

jspec have about 10hp more due to timing. But in you go to clubprotege.com to find out about the 2nd gen intake top swap. But ya it still has VICS. But with the b6 head, no. You can get TODA 11:1 pistons deck the head and block and get it to around 14:1 if i remember. RUn a Initial D style 11,000 RPM car...
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

obidun-ms-bp

Post by obidun-ms-bp »

SORRY iLL STOP TYPING IN CAPS LOCK, AS OF right now. :!:

I like the sound of 11,00 rpm, revvin rotary style.. but i just wanted to see if there were any cheap ways to gain a few n/a ponies while I start my turbo build up.I definately dont want 14:1 compression while running a t3/t4.
I dont know if ill be doing much Initial D Tak Style drifting in the old FWD MX-3 but i appreciate
the input... ill probably go with 323 gtr intake manifold anyway

One more thing I saw 1mm oversized valves for the bp on ebay for about $250 all 16 . Any idea what kind of gains those would provide.
obidun-ms-bp

Post by obidun-ms-bp »

SORRY iLL STOP TYPING IN CAPS LOCK, AS OF right now. :!:

I like the sound of 11,00 rpm, revvin rotary style.. but i just wanted to see if there were any cheap ways to gain a few n/a ponies while I start my turbo build up.I definately dont want 14:1 compression while running a t3/t4.
I dont know if ill be doing much Initial D Tak Style drifting in the old FWD MX-3 but i appreciate

One more thing I saw 1mm oversized valves for the bp on ebay for about $250 all 16 . Any idea what kind of gains those would provide.
torpedan

Post by torpedan »

obidun-ms-bp wrote:SORRY iLL STOP TYPING IN CAPS LOCK, AS OF right now. :!:

Going with a much bigger vaulve is not really worth your time if you are going to be strapping on a turbo later.

A bp block is a stratch b6 block. Its 22mm longer and the heads will not swap. Thier are a new head swap that can be done and they are quite a bit on the kinky side but are not really worth your time or effort. Espically if you are turboing later.
-torp.
I don't own a Mazda.

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”