ABS Advice

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
msilverton

ABS Advice

Post by msilverton »

I had a problem with the ABS light coming on about 2 or 3 minutes into a drive. On startup I got the groan and the pedal would shimmy a touch, and then itappeared the ABS cut out.

My CVs needed doing so had the axles swapped out. Now the ABS light lights up on ignition then goes out and stays off.

The pedal shimmy is gone, but the light remains off. There is a little groan so I assume the ABS is functioning.

My questions is.. if the ABS light was functioning yesterday (showing a malfunction), and today after new axles it lights up on ignition then goes out and stays out. Am I safe to assume that the ABS is working. Is the light a reliable indicator of functioning and non-functioniung ABS?

Thanks is advance,

Mike
TsiMiata

Post by TsiMiata »

Just go out and try to lock up the brakes. You'll know wether or not it's working then.
93 MX-3 GS- ZE, KL31 ECU, Fidanza Flywheel, CM Stage 2-R clutch, Hotshot Headers

99 Subaru Impreza RS, the new toy

91 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD *RIP*
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

hmm so abs precents lock up? what sensors control this? I already changed my breaks and the light still comes on..does abs come on when your pads go thin? I swapped them for used ones but thicker than what i had.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
TsiMiata

Post by TsiMiata »

check out section P starting on page 48 of the online shop manual. should explain how the whole system works.
93 MX-3 GS- ZE, KL31 ECU, Fidanza Flywheel, CM Stage 2-R clutch, Hotshot Headers

99 Subaru Impreza RS, the new toy

91 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD *RIP*
msilverton

Post by msilverton »

TsiMiata wrote:Just go out and try to lock up the brakes. You'll know wether or not it's working then.
We had snow this a.m. so locking the brakes was easy. ABS functioning perfectly.

Mike

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”