rear mud guard install question

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
psyense82

rear mud guard install question

Post by psyense82 »

i got no hardware when they were shipped to me, so... how do i install them. i thought about getting bolts n nuts, but, its a lil over kill i think. nehelp... spare screw plugs?? nething
*note i will not be doing the rx7 hatch conversion, id rather get a BP*
Acamori

Post by Acamori »

when i took mine off there were three or four sheet metal screws holding each one on. if the holes are there in the wheel well (you'd have to look around some) then all you'd need to do is go to a hardware store and pick up some new screws. i can't remember how big they were, not very. if the holes aren't there, then find some screws that will fit through the holes in the mudgaurds and drill holes just a bit bigger than the middle solid part of the screws and put them in. you could probably try using double sided body tape, but i don't trust that stuff all that much (my brother's side skirts were put on with it, and they didn't hold very well)
1/4 complete system---->carstereo.com
neutral
Supporting Member

Post by neutral »

Added mine from a dealer purchase couple years ago. If I remember right, they attached with SS sheet metal screws that need to thread into SS threaded metal pressure clips that are first slipped over each mounting hole. Check your local auto parts store for their display of "Help" brand of fasteners by manufacturer named Motor Mite.
psyense82

Post by psyense82 »

you could probably try using double sided body tape
maine winters.... bad idea.

those would be some huge headed sheet metal screws. my holes are exsisting on the body, right in the open, and the same there, look like some big screwes, thought bout throwin some washers on there to and tighten the holes up then use the fasteners to attach the screws in.. sound bad? spring comes, ill paint all the hardware to body match it
*note i will not be doing the rx7 hatch conversion, id rather get a BP*

Return to “Appearance”